Thanks ##\infty##: Simon Bridge's Badge & List of Badges

• Thread starter DrClaude
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the discovery of a new badge on the website Simon Bridge, which appears to be "Infinite Thanks." There is confusion and speculation about how this badge was obtained and whether it is a glitch or an intentional feature. Some users are unimpressed while others find it amusing. Overall, the consensus is to disregard the badge as it has no real meaning or significance.
DrClaude
Mentor
I just noticed that Simon Bridge had a badge Thanks ##\infty##. Is this a new badge? Is there a list of all possible badges?

Physics news on Phys.org
How is infinite thanks even possible? *Mind Blowing*

adjacent said:
How is infinite thanks even possible?
Maybe someone was infinitely thankful ? :biggrin:

Grade inflation just reached PF? :biggrin:

But look in the bright side. At least it doesn't say "Awesum Thanx."

I'm not impressed. It is surely only a countable infinity.

We have no idea what the glitch is, but it is a glitch. Just disregard it, it has no meaning.

That is an epic glitch.

Hmmm...I thought it was another 1st April easter egg.

Evo said:
We have no idea what the glitch is, but it is a glitch. Just disregard it, it has no meaning.

It's not a bug, it's a feature! It keeps people from obsessing about their "thanks" number after it passes a certain point. :tongue2:

1. What is the "Thanks ##\infty##" badge?

The "Thanks ##\infty##" badge is a special badge created by Simon Bridge, a member of the Stack Exchange community. It is awarded to users who have received a total of 1000 upvotes on their posts.

2. How can I earn the "Thanks ##\infty##" badge?

To earn the "Thanks ##\infty##" badge, you must have a total of 1000 upvotes on your posts. This can include upvotes on questions, answers, and comments. However, only upvotes received on the main site of the Stack Exchange network count towards this badge.

3. Can I earn the "Thanks ##\infty##" badge multiple times?

No, the "Thanks ##\infty##" badge can only be earned once. Once you have received 1000 upvotes on your posts, you will be awarded the badge and it will appear on your profile. However, you can continue to receive upvotes on your posts and increase your "thanks" count.

4. Is the "Thanks ##\infty##" badge the highest badge on Stack Exchange?

No, there are other badges that can be earned on Stack Exchange that have higher requirements. However, the "Thanks ##\infty##" badge is considered a prestigious badge and is not easily earned. It is a testament to a user's contribution and expertise within the community.

5. Can I see a list of all the badges on Stack Exchange?

Yes, you can view a complete list of badges on the Stack Exchange network by clicking on the "Badges" tab on any site's homepage. You can also filter the list by site or by type of badge.