Physics Lessons on PF: A Good Tool to Learn

• Thread starter yourdadonapogostick
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of knowledgeable members creating lessons in their areas of expertise, which could be made into a sticky thread by a moderator or administrator. This could potentially help people learn and make Physics Forums stand out from other forums. However, it is mentioned that providing lessons is beyond the scope of the forum's main mission of science education and homework help. Some individuals have been working on FAQ-type help and career advice, but it is generally expected that users are seeking something other than lectures on the forum. It is stated that reading threads on the forum can provide valuable information, but it should not be used as a primary source for learning. One member offers to explain certain concepts of physics, but notes that it would take too much
yourdadonapogostick said:
not only did i get a post, but it came with a free attitude! thanx, danger!
You're entirely welcome. Poking holes in balloons is one of the things that I do best.

Moonbear said:
He's still in high school, so might not be able to check out books from a college library.
I don't know how it works down there in Yank land, but as a (ex?)professional writer I'm entitled to library privileges from both University of Calgary and the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology. Not only do I get a free card, but I don't have to wait in line with students in order to obtain it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Tom Mattson said:
Are you in college? If not, is there a college nearby?

Right now I'm teaching at a community college, and even our library has books that cover all 4 undergrad years in math, science, and engineering.

...not so lucky...