Best Physics Ebooks - Top Recommendations

In summary, there are many introductory and advanced learning materials available on the Physics Forums website, including the e-book "Physics for Engineers and Scientists" by Gebhard von Oppen and Frank Melchert. The book "Physics for Scientists and Engineers" by R.A. Serway and J.W. Jewett is also available as an e-book, along with previous editions and the 7th and 8th editions. Additionally, there are various engineering e-books available on the Powell's Books website. However, trading and selling materials is not allowed on the Physics Forums site.
ldhomer
can someone recommend some reference books on physics which are available as ebooks?

Physics news on Phys.org
ldhomer said:
can someone recommend some reference books on physics which are available as ebooks?

There's a lot under introductory/advanced learning materials categories here:

https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=151

(believe I found Dr. David Tong's clas.pdf there that I've learned a lot from recently)

i want to ask about this book
Physics for Scientists and Engineers, 6th Edn. (R.A.Serway, J.W.Jewett, Thomson 2004, ISBN 0534408427

is it available in e-book

and also the previous editions and the 7th or 8th editions
are they available on line as e-books??

Last edited:
ALYAZAN said:
i want to ask about this book
Physics for Scientists and Engineers, 6th Edn. (R.A.Serway, J.W.Jewett, Thomson 2004, ISBN 0534408427

is it available in e-book

and also the previous editions and the 7th or 8th editions
are they available on line as e-books??

Yes they are.

But you can find plenty of Ebooks here.
http://www.powells.com/subsection/EngineeringeBooks.html

Last edited by a moderator:
will you send it please
and I'm very thankful for your responding

ALYAZAN said:
will you send it please
and I'm very thankful for your responding

I don't think trading and selling stuff is allowed here.

Last edited:
i know that it may be a lot to ask ,, but i think that you will be generous enough to help me find both of them ...

and please pardon me .. when i read your responding i passed by the link ... sorry i saw it this time .. I'm watching the site right now

1. What are the criteria for determining the best physics ebooks?

The criteria for determining the best physics ebooks may vary depending on personal preferences. However, some common factors that are often considered include the accuracy and clarity of the content, the reputation and credentials of the author, the relevance and practicality of the topics covered, and the overall user reviews and ratings.

2. Can you recommend any specific physics ebooks?

As a scientist, I cannot endorse or recommend any specific physics ebooks. However, some popular and highly-rated physics ebooks include "The Feynman Lectures on Physics" by Richard Feynman, "Quantum Physics for Beginners" by Alastair Rae, and "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking.

3. Are there any free physics ebooks available?

Yes, there are many free physics ebooks available online. Some reputable sources for free physics ebooks include Project Gutenberg, OpenStax, and the National Academies Press. Additionally, many universities and research institutions also offer free access to their digital libraries, which may include physics ebooks.

4. How can I determine the credibility of a physics ebook?

To determine the credibility of a physics ebook, you can research the author's background and credentials, check for any reviews or ratings from reputable sources, and verify the information presented in the ebook with other reliable sources. It is also helpful to look for any endorsements or recommendations from experts in the field.

5. Is it better to read a physics ebook or a physical textbook?

This ultimately depends on personal preference and learning style. Some people may prefer the convenience and portability of ebooks, while others may prefer the tactile experience of reading a physical textbook. It is also worth considering that ebooks may offer additional features such as interactive simulations or videos, while physical textbooks may have more visually appealing diagrams and illustrations.