Looking for website on Molecular Neuroscience

In summary: Neuroscience for Kids?In summary, this website is devoted to explaining the basic principles of neuroscience in a way that is easy to understand for kids. It is free, and has a lot of information, including pictures, diagrammes, and videos.
vertyu
Hello, some time ago I found a website dedicated to neuroscience. It deals with neurons, receptors, synapses etc on molecular level.

The site is free and has a lot of information, including pictures, diagrammes etc.

I think it is a project of some professor who wants that information be available to everyone for free. I think there weren't even ads or links to his non-free books.

I thought I bookmarked it, but I can't find it. Anyone have idea of what I'm looking for?

Biology news on Phys.org
Neuroscience for kids?

(don't let the title fool you, it's packed with information)

Pythagorean said:
Neuroscience for kids?

(don't let the title fool you, it's packed with information)

No, wasn't that one. But thank you for replying.

Edit: I think it was mostly about neurosignalling, but not sure.

Last edited:
I see a lot of hits for "online neuroscience tutorial", but I'm just shooting in the dark really.

Ah, Purves. Old school.

http://thebrain.mcgill.ca/flash/index_a.html

This is one of my favorites. Note there is a level selector on the top so you can read lessons in beginner intermediate or expert detail. Once you are inside a topic there is a field selector from social to molecular.

I think this page was referenced here a while back -

http://www.cord.edu/faculty/ulnessd/neuroscience/PhysicalNeuroscience.html

I keep meaning to properly read through the course notes I had downloaded a while back, but it looks like there are new notes for 2012...

I was looking for this:
http://www.biochemj.org/csb/
Cell Signalling Biology
This major contribution to the field of cell signalling by one of the world's leading experts, Professor Sir Michael Berridge (Cambridge) is now sponsored by the Biochemical Journal's Signal Knowledge Environment ensuring online access is freely available to all.PS: I highly recommend this site. Very good descriptions and images/graphics.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is Molecular Neuroscience?

Molecular Neuroscience is a branch of neuroscience that studies the biological mechanisms underlying the structure, function, and regulation of the nervous system at the molecular level. This includes the study of genes, proteins, and other molecules involved in the development, maintenance, and functioning of the nervous system.

2. What kind of research is done in Molecular Neuroscience?

Research in Molecular Neuroscience involves studying the structure and function of molecules involved in the nervous system, as well as their interactions with each other and with other systems in the body. This can include investigating the role of specific genes in brain development, studying the effects of neurotransmitters on behavior, and exploring the mechanisms of neurodegenerative diseases.

3. How is Molecular Neuroscience related to other fields of science?

Molecular Neuroscience is an interdisciplinary field that draws on knowledge from various areas of science such as biology, chemistry, genetics, and physics. It is closely related to other branches of neuroscience, including cellular neuroscience, behavioral neuroscience, and cognitive neuroscience.

4. What are the potential applications of Molecular Neuroscience?

The insights gained from Molecular Neuroscience research have the potential to inform the development of new treatments for neurological and psychiatric disorders. This includes the identification of potential drug targets and the development of new therapies. Molecular Neuroscience also has broader applications in understanding brain function and the mechanisms of learning and memory.

5. Are there any ethical concerns related to Molecular Neuroscience research?

As with any scientific research, there are ethical considerations that must be taken into account in Molecular Neuroscience. This includes ensuring the welfare of research subjects, obtaining informed consent, and adhering to ethical principles in the use of animals in research. Additionally, there may be ethical implications related to the potential applications of research findings, such as the development of new treatments for neurological disorders.