George Bush's Admission of Low Intelligence Prior to Iraqi War | CNN Politics

• News
  • Thread starter arildno
  • Start date
In summary, Nancy Pelosi says that Bush didn't have the intelligence to make a decision about Iraq, and she amended the statement to say that he didn't have the military intelligence. This suggests that Bush wanted to attack Iraq before 9/11 and 9/11 gave him the opportunity to fabricate evidence to gain support.
Physics news on Phys.org
he didn't possesses good intelligence
He never did, and still doesn't. :rofl:

Astronuc said:
He never did, and still doesn't. :rofl:
A partial admission of it is better than none, though..

Nancy Pelosi was on the Daily Show last week.

She said that Bush didn't have the intelligence to make a decision about Iraq... and hastily amended that he didn't have the *military* intelligence. The fact that she clarified that - and it wasn't for a laugh but because she felt the need to make the distinction - well, it's just plain funny. And sad.

LOL..

A partial admission of it is better than none, though..

Baby steps... maybe one day he will fully admit his lack of intelegence...

I believe my dislike for Bush is well known, but in all fairness I felt his presentation in his interview with Brian Williams was decent (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10439994/). But in general, he claims he sought a great deal of advice (from both sides of the aisle), and that everyone believed there were WMD, and that he pondered long and hard about taking our country into war. Yet he says if he had the decision to make again-knowing what we know now-he would make the same decision. What does that tell you? Clearly the desire to invade Iraq already existed before 9-11, and the so-called intelligence is not the basis for the decision anymore than listening to advice from others (rrriight).

In Clinton's autobiography he wrote about the handover meetings he had with Bush during the presidential transition period. On the subject of foreign threats Clinton gave Bush a list with Al Qaeda at the top followed by countries such as N. Korea with Iraq down in around 6th place. Bush responded saying as far as he was concerned Iraq was the biggest threat and ended the discussion.
Thus it appears long before 9/11 Bush wanted to attack Iraq and 9/11 gave him the opportunity to fabricate evidence to gain support.

ever see this video clip?
[crackpot link deleted]
Interesting...that's all i can say...well i guess i "could" say more

Last edited by a moderator:
doctor knowit said:
ever see this video clip?
[crackpot link deleted]
Interesting...that's all i can say...well i guess i "could" say more
What would be interesting is to see the video that the FBI confiscated.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What did George Bush say about his intelligence?

George Bush has made various comments about his intelligence over the years. In a 2003 interview with Newsweek, he stated, "I'm not the most articulate person you'll ever meet. I have my flaws, too." In a 2010 interview with Matt Lauer, he joked, "I think I was unprepared for war. In other words, I didn't campaign and say, 'Please vote for me, I'll be able to handle an attack.' In other words, I didn't anticipate war." However, he has never explicitly admitted to being "dumb."

2. Is there any evidence to support the claim that George Bush is dumb?

There is no objective evidence to support the claim that George Bush is dumb. While he may not have been the most eloquent speaker or made some controversial decisions during his presidency, there is no indication that he lacked intelligence or was unable to understand complex issues.

3. Why do people think George Bush is dumb?

There are a variety of reasons why some people may perceive George Bush as being "dumb." Some may point to his verbal gaffes and public speaking mistakes, while others may disagree with his policies and view them as unwise. However, these factors do not necessarily reflect on his intelligence.

4. Are there any examples of George Bush admitting to being dumb?

As mentioned before, George Bush has made self-deprecating comments about his intelligence, but he has never explicitly admitted to being "dumb." In fact, in a 2006 interview with NBC's Brian Williams, he stated, "I know how to lead. I've been leading. I know how to set goals and achieve them." This suggests that he does not view himself as being unintelligent.

5. How do scientists view the claim that George Bush is dumb?

As scientists, we cannot make assumptions about an individual's intelligence without objective evidence. It is not our place to label someone as "dumb" or "smart" based on personal opinions or public perception. We should focus on analyzing and evaluating evidence and facts, rather than making judgments about an individual's intelligence based on their political beliefs or public image.