Physics Magazines: Subscriptions & Up-to-Date Reading

• Thread starter eep
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the individual is subscribed to several physics-related magazines, including Physics Today, American Journal of Physics, Physics Teacher, and Science. These magazines offer a variety of content such as current research, historical articles, and teaching methods. The individual receives these magazines monthly as a member of various organizations.
eep
What physics-related magazines are you all subscribed to? I have a permanent address now so I figure I might as well get some up-to-date reading done...

Physics news on Phys.org
I subscribe to NewScientist

As a member of the American Physical Society and the American Association of Physics Teachers, I subscribe to:

Physics Today - physics news, surveys of current research, and historical articles.

American Journal of Physics - articles of interest to people teaching physics, including pedagogical research on how to teach physics effectively.

Physics Teacher - aimed more at high-school physics teachers, at a lower level than AJP

All of the above appear monthly. As a member of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, I get the weekly Science magazine, which often has news articles about recent developments in physics, and some research articles.

1. What are some popular physics magazines available for subscription?

Some popular physics magazines available for subscription include Scientific American, Physics World, and Physics Today.

2. How often are physics magazines published?

The frequency of publication varies, but most physics magazines are published either monthly or bi-monthly.

3. Can I access past issues of a physics magazine if I subscribe?

Yes, many physics magazines offer digital archives that can be accessed with a subscription. Some may also offer physical back issues for purchase.

4. Are there any physics magazines specifically for beginners or non-scientists?

Yes, there are some physics magazines geared towards beginners or non-scientists, such as Physics for You and Physics World Focus.

5. How can I stay up-to-date with the latest developments in physics through magazines?

Subscribing to a physics magazine is a great way to stay up-to-date, as they often feature articles on the latest research and discoveries. You can also follow the magazine's social media accounts or sign up for their newsletters for even more frequent updates.