Damn you Ivan, Damn you all to hell

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the closure of a thread about Mars methane and the frustration of having to leave the forum to comment on it. There is also a mention of wanting to reach a "scientificky" post count and a discussion about the number 413 being related to Planck's constant and pi. The conversation ends with the decision to unlock the thread.
tribdog
I wanted to comment on your Mars Methane thread, but you closed it and linked to a thread that has nothing to do with Mars methane. Now if I want to comment on it I have to leave GD, which will cause my post count to go up and I'll no longer be pointlessly stuck on pi. So my question is how many comments will I have to make to get to a post count that resembles a scientificky number?

Physics news on Phys.org
413 for Plancks constant? (4.135 667 33 x 10-15 eV s ) and also a palindrome for pi (ip)

You can stop at 316 and pretend its a square root of 10.

Hmmmm, the video in the linked post was the same one linked in the news story in my thread, but now it's not. I don't know what happened there but I'll unlock my thread.

1. What does the phrase "Damn you Ivan, Damn you all to hell" mean?

The phrase is a popular quote from the 1968 science fiction film, Planet of the Apes. It is said by the main character, Colonel George Taylor, as a dramatic expression of his frustration and anger towards the apes who have taken control of the planet.

2. Is "Damn you Ivan, Damn you all to hell" a famous quote?

Yes, the quote has become a popular catchphrase and has been referenced in various forms of media and pop culture. It is often used as a humorous expression of annoyance or defiance.

3. Who is Ivan in the phrase "Damn you Ivan, Damn you all to hell"?

Ivan is not a specific person, but rather a placeholder name used in the quote. In the context of the film, it is directed towards the character Dr. Zaius, who represents the oppressive ape society. However, the phrase is often used without any specific person in mind.

4. What is the significance of "Damn you Ivan, Damn you all to hell" in the film Planet of the Apes?

The phrase encapsulates the theme of the film, which is a commentary on the dangers of unchecked power and the consequences of mistreating others. It also serves as a memorable and iconic moment in the film, highlighting the intense emotions and tension between the human and ape characters.

5. Can "Damn you Ivan, Damn you all to hell" be considered a form of profanity?

While the phrase does contain strong language, it is not necessarily considered profanity in the traditional sense. It is not directed towards any specific person and is used in a fictional context. However, it may still be seen as offensive by some individuals.