DNA & Heredity: Can DNA Change?

• Thread starter no idea
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dna
In summary, the conversation discusses the potential for DNA to change and how it may be related to the evolution of human beings from a four-legged, cave-dwelling species to a two-legged, intelligent species. The speaker wonders if the changes in DNA are responsible for these physical and behavioral changes.
no idea
i thought i got some refused thing.can DNA change?if they cannot change, why we don't like as a cave dweller or like a monkey?i mean the body .

Biology news on Phys.org
You need to make your question more clear, as I cannot understand what you are asking.

when before stone age,the human beings are like as a gorilla. i mean their appearance , using four legs to move ...etc... but now we have got changes . we have a big brain, use two legs to walk . so is it relating the changes of DNA,or others?

Changes (mutations) in the DNA sequences will give rise to the differences you observe between two species.

1. Can DNA change over time?

Yes, DNA can change over time through a process called mutation. Mutations can occur spontaneously or be caused by environmental factors such as radiation or chemicals. These changes to the DNA can be inherited and passed on to future generations.

2. How does DNA change affect heredity?

DNA changes can affect heredity by altering the genetic information that is passed down from parents to offspring. This can result in physical or behavioral traits being inherited differently or new traits emerging.

3. Can DNA change be reversed?

Some DNA changes can be reversed through a process called DNA repair. This mechanism allows cells to fix mistakes or damage to their DNA. However, some changes, such as inherited mutations, cannot be reversed.

4. Can DNA change impact an individual's health?

Yes, DNA changes can impact an individual's health in several ways. Certain mutations can lead to genetic disorders or increase the risk of developing certain diseases. However, not all DNA changes have a negative impact and some may even provide advantages.

5. Can DNA change be controlled or manipulated?

Yes, DNA can be manipulated through genetic engineering techniques. This allows scientists to make specific changes to an organism's DNA, such as inserting or removing genes. However, this process should be carefully regulated and ethically considered.