Induced current in a loop circuit magnetic field

In summary, induced current is created in a loop circuit when a changing magnetic field passes through it, causing electrons to flow and generating a current. The strength of induced current is affected by factors such as the strength of the magnetic field, size of the loop, and speed of the changing magnetic field. Induced current cannot be produced in a stationary loop, as it requires a changing magnetic field. According to Lenz's law, the direction of induced current will always oppose the direction of the changing magnetic field. Some real-life applications of induced current in a loop circuit include electric generators, transformers, induction cooktops, and medical imaging techniques.
iiiiaann

Homework Statement

Image%202011.11.07%207:35:23%20PM.png

Homework Equations

I know this is supposed to use Lenz's law, but I don't really understand it

V=IR

The Attempt at a Solution

I calculated the resistance of the circuit to be 6.4e-6 / .0015 = 0.00426666667, but that's as far as i know what to do

Physics news on Phys.org
any help here? I'm really stumped on this one

1. How is induced current created in a loop circuit in a magnetic field?

Induced current is created when a changing magnetic field passes through a loop circuit. This changing magnetic field creates a force that causes electrons to flow in the loop, generating a current.

2. What factors affect the strength of induced current in a loop circuit?

The strength of induced current is affected by the strength of the magnetic field, the size of the loop, the speed at which the magnetic field changes, and the material of the loop.

3. Can induced current be produced in a stationary loop in a magnetic field?

No, induced current can only be produced in a loop when there is a changing magnetic field passing through it. A stationary loop will not experience any change in magnetic field, and therefore no induced current will be produced.

4. How does the direction of induced current relate to the direction of the changing magnetic field?

According to Lenz's law, the direction of induced current will always be such that it opposes the change in magnetic field that caused it. This means that the direction of induced current will be opposite to the direction of the changing magnetic field.

5. What are some real-life applications of induced current in a loop circuit?

Induced current in a loop circuit is used in electric generators, transformers, and induction cooktops. It is also the principle behind many medical imaging techniques such as MRI machines.