On motor at specific time everyday

In summary, the conversation discussed a requirement for a motor pump to start and stop at specific times and for a stop-cock to close the pipe when the water tank reaches a certain level. The solution proposed was to use a timer to restrict the pump's operating time and a commercial pump that automatically switches off when the exit is blocked.
pg_pkg
Hi All

I have a requirement where i want my motor pump to start at 6 AM morning and OFF after certain level of my water tank.

I have browsed few links where i found some 555 timers and level controllers, but not able to consolidate them.

Please help me the steps to assemble them in broader view.

Thanks for your expert replies and feedback.

PG

Engineering news on Phys.org
Sure - you want a stop-cock to close the pipe to your tank when it reaches the desired level - commercial pumps will already switch themselves off in the situation the exit is blocked and switch on again when it is clear.

But you don't want the pump running at any old time, so you plug the pump into power through a timer which only allows the pump to switch on for a restricted part of the day.

Both requirements met.
I'm puzzled to figure what problem you are trying to solve this way.

Last edited:

1. Why is it important to turn on the motor at a specific time every day?

Turning on the motor at a specific time every day helps to regulate and maintain a consistent schedule for the motor. This can prevent wear and tear on the motor and ensure it is running efficiently.

2. How do I determine the best time to turn on the motor?

The best time to turn on the motor will depend on the specific needs and usage of the motor. Factors to consider include peak usage times, energy costs, and any scheduled maintenance or downtime.

3. Can I use a timer to automatically turn on the motor at a specific time?

Yes, using a timer can be an effective way to ensure the motor is turned on at a specific time every day. This can be especially useful for motors that need to be turned on during non-business hours or when there is no one available to manually turn it on.

4. Will turning on the motor at a specific time every day save energy?

In most cases, yes, turning on the motor at a specific time every day can lead to energy savings. By having a set schedule, the motor can be turned off during times when it is not needed, rather than running constantly and using excess energy.

5. Are there any drawbacks to turning on the motor at a specific time every day?

One potential drawback is that unexpected changes to the motor's usage or needs may require a different schedule. Additionally, if the motor is not maintained properly, turning it on at a specific time every day may not be as effective in preventing wear and tear.