How to attach a picture or diagram?

• Thread starter gloo68
  • Start date
In summary, the best way to attach a picture or diagram on posts is to open a Photobucket account, upload the image, and copy and paste the "IMG" address. Photobucket also has a photo editor for resizing images. Alternatively, if using Chrome, right-click on the image and select "open image in new tab" to copy the hyperlink for the "insert image" tab. The thread in the General Physics forum can also be deleted by selecting the "report" button.
gloo68
Can someone tell me what is the best way to attach a picture or diagram on my posts? Something that shows on my post without the reader having to open an attachment??

Physics news on Phys.org
Open a photobucket account, upload the image to photobucket, then copy and paste the "IMG" address here, like this: (click "quote" to see the link info)

Gargoyle.jpg

Photobucket has a photo editor where you can resize larger images down to post-sized scale.

If you're using Chrome, you can pretty much right click on any image in the web browser, hit the "open image in new tab," and the image will show up on its own page. Copy the hyperlink and then just paste it into the "insert image" tab.

Gargoyle.jpg

See, I just did it.

@DiracPool and Micromass-- thanks guys :) Let me give it a whirl

g

one final shot

physicsforumtest.png

ok --thank you so much all of you. Sorry for all errors

Just FYI, Gloo, I deleted your thread in the General Physics forum. If something like that happens again you can hit the "report" button to flag it for us moderators so we can delete it.

oh ok...thank you. I was wondering how to delete the thread :)

My apologies and thanks.

1. How do I attach a picture or diagram to my scientific report?

Attaching a picture or diagram to your scientific report is a simple process. First, make sure the picture or diagram is saved on your computer. Then, open your report and click on the "Insert" tab. From there, click on "Pictures" or "Illustrations" and select the file from your computer. The picture or diagram should now be inserted into your report.

2. Can I resize the attached picture or diagram?

Yes, you can resize the attached picture or diagram. After inserting it into your report, click on the picture or diagram and a box with sizing options will appear. You can either drag the corners of the box to resize or manually enter the desired dimensions.

3. What file format should I use for attaching pictures or diagrams?

The most commonly used file format for attaching pictures or diagrams to a scientific report is JPEG. This format is compatible with most software and maintains good image quality. However, if you are working with high-resolution images, you may want to consider using a PNG format to preserve the image quality.

4. How do I ensure that the attached picture or diagram is in the correct location in my report?

In order to place the attached picture or diagram in the desired location in your report, you can use the "Wrap Text" option. This can be found by clicking on the picture or diagram and then selecting "Wrap Text" from the "Format" tab. From there, you can choose to wrap the text around the picture or diagram, or have it in front or behind the text.

5. Can I attach more than one picture or diagram to my report?

Yes, you can attach multiple pictures or diagrams to your report. Simply follow the same steps as attaching one picture or diagram, and repeat for each additional one. You can also arrange the pictures or diagrams by using the "Position" option in the "Format" tab, which allows you to move them in front or behind each other.