Retiring Mentors Integral & Vanadium_50:13yrs+5yrs Respectively

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary: They have been very instrumental in making Physics Forums what it is today. I'm sure that the forums will continue to be a great place with their guidance and input.
I'm sad to announce the retirement of Integral and Vanadium_50 as Mentors.

Integral is one of the originals. 13 years of service! That is an unbelievable number. Just imagine the countless people he has helped. Integral was, well, "Integral" to the early development of Physics Forums. Without Integral, Physics Forums would be a different place. He was able to early on help shape our quality control and shield us from the uber crackpots. We are all indebted to him for that.

Vanadium_50 is also retiring from staff. Vanadium_50 has recently been endearingly nicknamed "The Hawk". It's not hard to see why. For nearly five years V50 has put in thousands of hours of time into making sure Physics Forums stays true to it's mission and ideals. V50 is a man of great conviction and dedication. He has been very important in developing our modern policies. With his attention to detail and overall vision, PF has been made a better place.

Both Vanadium_50 and Integral have indicted they will still be around and we are thankful for that!

Physics news on Phys.org
Well thanks to both of them for making the PF a better place.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Just imagine the countless people he has [STRIKE]helped[/STRIKE] banned.

Corrected that for ya.

V50, you must continue to give us input in the mentor's forum. You and Zz made PF what it is today and we still need you both. I am sad.

Also, good luck to you with your retirement Integral, I'll always remember you as Santa with the cute dogs and cats.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Vanadium_50 is also retiring from staff.

The very first PM that I ever sent here (this was back before the Thanks button) was to him:
Nugatory said:
Yep, read the whole thread, from start to finish, and discovered the one fact supported by all the available evidence: You are possessed of superhuman, perhaps even godlike, patience. :smile:

And seriously, kidding aside... Thank you.

This was after google had led me to the CERN/FTL-neutrino discussion that he was moderating.

Last edited:
A job well done, a retirement well deserved!

:bugeye:

But, but, I only just joined this forum, sometime around yesterday?

Where are all my heroes going?

Ha! I know where Integral works.

I will go and kill him tomorrow...

wow, ... will miss the input and oversight from both of you
All the best in retirement :)

I also thank you for your outstanding efforts, that have surely made Greg's work in keeping PF
on the straight and narrow a much easier job for him !

regards
Dave

Thanks to both!
Hope to see you more around since you're retired now:biggrin:

Greg Bernhardt said:
I'm sad to announce the retirement of Integral and Vanadium_50 as Mentors.
Indeed. :cry:

Good luck guys! Now I just have to get used to V50's new avatar :)

Be thankful I picked Emeritus Red and not Science Advisor Purple.

Thank you all! It has been a great experience! I will not be changing my avatar, it was mentor green before there was a mentor green!

Am I the only who is disturbed that there is no dx in that avatar?

Thank you very much for the contributions of Integral and Vanadium 50.

What is the significance of retiring mentors Integral & Vanadium_50:13yrs+5yrs Respectively?

The retirement of mentors Integral and Vanadium_50, who have been serving for 13 and 5 years respectively, is a significant event as they have dedicated a significant amount of time and effort to mentoring others in their field. Their retirement marks the end of their active involvement in mentoring and a new chapter in their lives.

How have Integral & Vanadium_50 impacted the scientific community through their mentorship?

Through their years of mentorship, Integral and Vanadium_50 have had a tremendous impact on the scientific community. They have shared their knowledge and expertise with countless mentees, helping them develop their skills and careers in science. Their guidance and support have contributed to the growth and success of many scientists.

What qualities make Integral & Vanadium_50 exemplary mentors?

Integral and Vanadium_50 possess several qualities that make them exemplary mentors. They have a deep understanding of their field and are able to effectively communicate their knowledge to others. They are patient, supportive, and dedicated to helping others succeed. They also lead by example and inspire their mentees to strive for excellence.

How will the retirement of Integral & Vanadium_50 impact future generations of scientists?

The retirement of Integral and Vanadium_50 may leave a void in the scientific community, but their legacy will continue to inspire future generations of scientists. Their mentees, who have benefited from their mentorship, will carry on their teachings and pass them on to others. The impact of their mentorship will be felt for years to come.

What advice can Integral & Vanadium_50 give to aspiring mentors?

Integral and Vanadium_50 have a wealth of experience as mentors and can offer valuable advice to those aspiring to become mentors. They may emphasize the importance of patience, empathy, and effective communication. They may also encourage aspiring mentors to continue learning and remain open to new ideas and perspectives.