Brain Transplantation Hoax Web-Site

• Thread starter Nik
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Brain
In summary, there was a conversation about a website that claimed to offer brain transplantation, but after doing a Google search it was discovered to be a hoax. The conversation then turned to joking about preferring a full body transplant instead. The conversation also included a realization that the website actually did offer full body transplants.
Nik
Wow, this really got me once I first looked at this site, but a search on google revealed that this is just another hoax web-site!

Brain Transplantation! Give me a break!

http://216.247.9.207/ny-best.htm

Check it out and have a laugh!

Last edited by a moderator:
Biology news on Phys.org
I'd rather keep the brain I've got and have a total BODY transplant!

Originally posted by Tsunami
I'd rather keep the brain I've got and have a total BODY transplant!

I believe that is what they are offering.

Originally posted by London Kngiths
I believe that is what they are offering.
And had I actually taken the time to view the link I would have known that! However, being in my usual hurry, I just took the words 'brain transplant' to mean having a new brain transplanted into your old body, much the way 'liver or heart transplant' means having a new liver or heart transplanted into your old body. Silly me! Next time I'll view the link! :wink:

You missed out. They even have sample bodies for you to take. But they can't reveal how they get them.

1. What is a brain transplantation hoax website?

A brain transplantation hoax website is a fake website that claims to offer brain transplantation services, which are not actually possible in real life. These websites often use false information and images to deceive people.

2. How do these websites operate?

These websites typically operate by using persuasive language and fake images to convince visitors that brain transplantation is a real and legitimate procedure. They may also ask for personal information or money in order to continue the "process".

3. Are brain transplants actually possible?

No, brain transplants are not currently possible. The brain is the most complex and delicate organ in the human body, and it is not currently possible to transplant it from one person to another without causing severe damage or death.

4. Why do people fall for these hoaxes?

People may fall for these hoaxes because they are desperate for a cure or solution to a neurological condition, or because they are not aware of the limitations of modern medical technology. These websites also use persuasive tactics to make their claims seem more believable.

5. How can I protect myself from falling for a brain transplantation hoax website?

The best way to protect yourself is to do thorough research and fact-checking before believing any claims made on a website. Be wary of websites that ask for personal information or money, and always consult with a trusted medical professional before undergoing any medical procedures.