Ignition voltage in a waste spark system.

In summary, In this car with a points ignition system, there are two separate ignition coils, one with a reversed polarity and the other with a normal polarity. The xformer ratio is 1:100. When one coil sparks, the other sparks in "reverse polarity." There is no electrical connection between the primary and secondary (HV) coils. If you want more details, I would try to search for them. Thanks for your question.
sophiecentaur,
I fear you have misunderstood me, as I've driven nothing except these little cars since 1979 and have made my living out of working on them since 1994, including selling UK manufactured components for them to customers in France.

That's what we refer to as 'Coals to Newcastle'.

If you'd looked at some of the other photographs on my Flickr pages, you'd probably have realized that I'm beyond help as far as A series Citroens are concerned... ;o)

Ken
sophiecentaur said:
I might suggest that one would not notice the difference between 'under-powered' and 'seriously under-powered'. I had one for several years and lack of power never surprised me. You just never compete with anyone else on the road (except, perhaps ageing lady cyclists).
And we can do without hurtful references to "nags", thank you. You may need to have owned one to appreciate just how nice they are. I could 'take' a Ferrari on a road with speed bumps, any day!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Also. Alles ist klaar.