It was quick but I think I got this right. I heard a commercial this

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, the makers of MATLAB, Mathworks, stated in a commercial that they have 200 job openings, which would indicate a 10% growth in their size. However, a quick search on their website reveals that the job openings may be worldwide and not just in the USA. For example, there are 12 vacancies in the UK and 18 in India. It is possible that they meant to say they "will be adding" these job openings. Despite only paying half attention to the radio, the speaker is confident in what they heard and believes that with an advanced degree in math or computer science and a lack of employment, they would have their resume submitted by the next morning.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It was quick but I think I got this right. I heard a commercial this morning in which the makers of MATLAB, Mathworks, claimed they have 200 job openings.

Physics news on Phys.org
Wow, that would be a 10% growth in their size...

http://www.mathworks.com/company/jobs/?s_cid=HP_FF_A_Careers

After a quick search of their website, possibly 200 vacancies worldwide, not in the USA?

For example there are 12 vacancies in the UK, 18 in India.

It is possible that they said "will be adding".

I was in busy traffic and only half paying attention to the radio. I am sure enough of what I heard that, given an advanced degree in math or computer science and a lack of employment, they would have my resume by morning.

As a scientist, it is important to critically evaluate information that is presented to us. While it is impressive that Mathworks has 200 job openings, it is important to consider the credibility and reliability of this information. It would be beneficial to research further and confirm the accuracy of this claim. Additionally, it would be helpful to understand the context of these job openings, such as the specific roles and qualifications required. As scientists, we must approach information with a critical and analytical mindset to ensure the accuracy and validity of our findings.

What exactly is being advertised in the commercial?

The commercial is advertising a product or service, such as a new car, a phone plan, or a restaurant.

Who is the target audience for this commercial?

The target audience for the commercial may vary depending on the product or service being advertised. However, it is usually aimed at a specific demographic, such as young adults, families, or professionals.

What makes this commercial effective or memorable?

The effectiveness or memorability of a commercial can be due to various factors, such as a catchy jingle, a relatable storyline, or a celebrity endorsement.

How does this commercial impact consumer behavior?

The impact of a commercial on consumer behavior can vary. It may influence consumers to try the product or service being advertised or to think positively about the brand. It may also create brand awareness and encourage repeat purchases.

What research or data was used in creating this commercial?

The creation of a commercial often involves market research and data analysis to understand the target audience and determine the most effective messaging and visuals. This research may also include consumer surveys and focus groups to gather feedback and refine the commercial before it airs.