How Do I Embed YouTube Videos on This Forum?

• Thread starter rollcast
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about embedding YouTube videos into forum posts. The process involves using the YouTube tag inserter and copying the "v" string from the video's URL between the tags. It was also mentioned that the "quote" button can be used to learn how to use tags in the forum.
rollcast
I can't seem to embed youtube videos into my posts on this forum?

For example if I want to embed this video,

I press the youtube tag inserter thingie. and then copy the address between the tags like so.

(youtube) (/youtube) I had to use brackets so it didn't try to embed the video.

But it comes up in the post like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Thanks
AL

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry, it is not obvious, but you just use the "v" string data from the URL. (youtube)aemXgP-2xyg(/youtube)

Greg Bernhardt said:
Sorry, it is not obvious, but you just use the "v" string data from the URL. (youtube)aemXgP-2xyg(/youtube)

Thanks Greg. :smile:

The trick I use with these questions is just to hit the quote button on posts which have examples of what I need. You can then look at the original post to reverse engineer how to use tags in this forum.

1. How do I embed a YouTube video on my website?

To embed a YouTube video on your website, you can use the embed code provided by YouTube. Simply go to the video you want to embed, click on the "Share" button, then click on "Embed". You can then copy the code and paste it onto your website's HTML code.

2. Can I customize the size and appearance of the embedded YouTube video?

Yes, you can customize the size and appearance of the embedded YouTube video. In the embed code, you can change the width and height values to fit your website's design. You can also add additional parameters such as autoplay, mute, and show/hide controls by adding them to the end of the video's URL in the embed code.

3. Do I need permission to embed YouTube videos on my website?

No, as long as the video is publicly available on YouTube, you do not need permission to embed it on your website. However, you should always give credit to the original creator by including their username and a link to the video.

4. Can I embed a YouTube video on a password-protected or private website?

No, you cannot embed a YouTube video on a password-protected or private website. The video must be publicly available for it to be embedded on a website.

5. Will embedded YouTube videos affect my website's loading speed?

Yes, embedded YouTube videos can potentially slow down your website's loading speed. This is because the video is loaded from YouTube's servers, which may not be as fast as your own website's server. It is recommended to use the "lazy loading" technique or use a third-party service to optimize the video's loading speed.