Engineering Physics and the environment.

In summary, the question is whether a graduate in Engineering Physics would be capable of designing ecological solutions for the industry. The individual expressing concern about potential lack of skills due to the limited depth of Physics and engineering subjects. However, they are not interested in studying environmental engineering and may consider studying mechanical-electric engineering instead. It is mentioned that marketing and selling products to business and political figures is a major factor in clean energy technologies, and that the technology itself is mostly related to mechanical engineering, excluding photovoltaics. The individual acknowledges their limited experience in this field and notes that results may vary. Ultimately, they are asking if the skills acquired during an Engineering Physics degree are sufficient for designing eco-friendly solutions.
Abieru
A pretty short question:
How capable of designing ecological soultions for the industry would i be if i graduated in Engineering Physics?

I feel that because of the depth of the few Physics and engineering subjects it has, I might lack skills when designing engines and systems which are innovating and sustainable.

(I DO NOT want to study ambiental engineering, but i might study mechanic-electric engineering)

Physics news on Phys.org
from what I've been told, the limiting factor of clean energy technologies is marketing and how you sell your product to business and political oligarchs, not really the technology; the technology is mostly mechanical engineering from what I know, excluding photovoltaics.

i have little experience in this field so your mileage may vary.

Thanks, but rather, i was asking if the skill acquired during Eng. Physics are enough to design such ecofriendly solutions.

What is Engineering Physics and its role in the environment?

Engineering Physics is a branch of science that applies physical principles and concepts to solve engineering problems. Its role in the environment is to use scientific knowledge and technology to develop sustainable solutions for environmental issues.

How does Engineering Physics contribute to the study of climate change?

Engineering Physics plays a crucial role in studying climate change by providing the necessary tools and techniques to measure and monitor environmental factors such as temperature, air quality, and greenhouse gas emissions. It also helps in developing renewable energy sources and mitigating the impact of climate change.

What are some examples of applications of Engineering Physics in environmental sustainability?

Some examples of applications of Engineering Physics in environmental sustainability include the design and development of energy-efficient buildings, renewable energy technologies such as solar panels and wind turbines, waste management systems, and clean water technologies.

How does Engineering Physics address environmental challenges and protect the planet?

Engineering Physics addresses environmental challenges by using scientific principles to develop sustainable solutions. This includes minimizing pollution, reducing energy consumption, and developing eco-friendly technologies. By doing so, it helps in protecting the planet and preserving it for future generations.

What skills and knowledge are essential for an Engineering Physics student to contribute to environmental sustainability?

An Engineering Physics student should have a strong foundation in physics, mathematics, and engineering principles. They should also have knowledge of environmental science, sustainable design principles, and renewable energy technologies. Additionally, skills such as critical thinking, problem-solving, and interdisciplinary collaboration are important for finding innovative solutions to environmental challenges.