Try Turbo-1's Habanero Sauce - Hot Stuff!

• Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hot
In summary, turbo and his wife spent the day canning and pickling various types of peppers, including habaneros, jalapenos, lipstick chilis, and a variety of red peppers. They also made a flavorful pepper relish using peppers from their neighbor and Astronuc. Their neighbor is also a pepper enthusiast and turbo's wife brought some extra jars to the store owner, who loved it and may want to start selling it. They also made jalapeno poppers, which were a hit with everyone except for the hot-averse members of the family. They also started a batch of tomato and pepper salsa to be canned the next day.
A 57 page long thread on PEPPERS! This is entirely too long and I demand a closure of this thread and the burnage of the peppers before they get anywhere near my taste buds!

Physics news on Phys.org
I am thinking I won't get any peppers until they are 2 years old, also. My ghosts are still only 6 inches tall... *sigh* I hope they survive the winter indoors. Maybe I will take one to work so it can get sun shine.

Ms Music said:
I am thinking I won't get any peppers until they are 2 years old, also. My ghosts are still only 6 inches tall... *sigh* I hope they survive the winter indoors. Maybe I will take one to work so it can get sun shine.
My ghost plant grew and flowered like crazy, it just would never set, the blossoms kept falling off.

It should survive the winter with a decent exposure to sun.

I wish I had a sunny room. I'm pretty much a slave to the weather and how it affects my garden.

Evo said:
My ghost plant grew and flowered like crazy, it just would never set, the blossoms kept falling off.

It should survive the winter with a decent exposure to sun.

Because pod set doesn't happen till it's 80F plus, if you find an artificial (indoor) way to make it happen, it needs mid day temps in that range, be prepared to water frequently too, once pods appear. Letting leaves wilt before watering results in hotter pods.

Bahahaha, Rhody does a drive by... sometime soon I will pop in for real into a number of threads I care about. Don't have the time at the moment. I have over 30 types of super hot and medium hot seeds now, some rather rare ones. Plan on growing a few of those next season. 50 plants in 5 gallon buckets or in raised beds, haven't decided yet.

Rhody...

rhody said:
I have over 30 types of super hot and medium hot seeds now, some rather rare ones. Plan on growing a few of those next season. 50 plants in 5 gallon buckets or in raised beds, haven't decided yet.

I'm not sold on the bucket thing. Most of my bucket plants bit the dust due to the roots getting too hot, albeit it was an extra hot summer.

dlgoff said:
I'm not sold on the bucket thing. Most of my bucket plants bit the dust due to the roots getting too hot, albeit it was an extra hot summer.
Yeah, the heat was roasting the roots, I had to keep the plants out of the sun, just to keep them alive.

How's the hydroponic garden doing Rhody?

Evo said:
Yeah, the heat was roasting the roots, I had to keep the plants out of the sun, just to keep them alive.

How's the hydroponic garden doing Rhody?

Hydro and affiliation with the honey guy is at an end I am afraid. Hydro, is expensive, and requires a learning commitment and significant amount of time to refine and perfect. Even then the experts will tell you there are times when all of their past experience are baffled when things go awry.

Rhody...

Borek said:
Peter peppers:

peter-pepper.jpg

I think they fail to rise up to expectation.

What about this one?

peter-pepper2.jpg

Update to Rhody:

I still have three ghost plants going from last year, but they are still only 6 inches high. I don't think anyone that I gave plants to last year overwintered them, so my 3 plants are all that remains of the seeds you sent to my little corner of the world. If I don't get any peppers this summer, I am throwing in the towel. I don't have the time and patience to build an indoor hothouse for year round use.

Ghostless in Seattle...

I just bought my first Peter Pepper and Ghost Pepper plants. Crossing my fingers.

rhody said:
... Hydro, is expensive, and requires a learning commitment and significant amount of time to refine and perfect. Even then the experts will tell you there are times when all of their past experience are baffled when things go awry.

Rhody...

I must be doing it wrong. I've just bought my entire summer garden over the last two weeks, and they are all sitting in a leaky old 20 gallon fish tank on my front porch, waiting for summer.

Is there more to "Hydro", other than water and fish poop?

I finally have 3 ghosts pods growing. The plants are still tiny (only 8 inches high) so I was very surprised to see those mean looking little beasts hiding under the leaves. My daughter insists all three are going to her boyfriend and his best friend, but we shall see. If they were in serious pain eating habaneros, they will be suffering with ghosts.

My jalapenos have always been hotter than grocery store seranos in the past, I wonder what they will be like this year. They all have been outside... I may burn my house down eating one. :D

Ms Music said:
I finally have 3 ghosts pods growing. The plants are still tiny (only 8 inches high) so I was very surprised to see those mean looking little beasts hiding under the leaves. My daughter insists all three are going to her boyfriend and his best friend, but we shall see. If they were in serious pain eating habaneros, they will be suffering with ghosts.

My jalapenos have always been hotter than grocery store seranos in the past, I wonder what they will be like this year. They all have been outside... I may burn my house down eating one. :D
Wow, you got lucky! My plants were almost a year old before I managed to get any to set, but to be honest it was a very bad summer, hardly anything set until fall, then got killed by an early frost. :frown: I only got two peppers, which I dried and are kept in a place of honor.

These are actually 2 year old plants. I planted the seeds in January 2012. My jalapeno I bought at the store in 2010. I overwinter them inside, then place them outside when it gets warm. Which is like last week. :rolleyes:

We had a farewell dinner to my son at his favorite local restaurant. This restaurant serves a cross between TexMex and NewMex food. They had Hatch green chili sauce today. Hooah! That stuff had a kick.

martinahill_15.gif

<h2>1. What is the Scoville Heat Unit (SHU) of Turbo-1's Habanero Sauce?</h2><p>The Scoville Heat Unit (SHU) of Turbo-1's Habanero Sauce is approximately 100,000 to 350,000 SHU. This means it is considered to be a very hot sauce and may not be suitable for those who are sensitive to spicy foods.</p><h2>2. How is Turbo-1's Habanero Sauce made?</h2><p>Turbo-1's Habanero Sauce is made by blending fresh habanero peppers with vinegar, salt, and other spices. The ingredients are then cooked and blended to create a smooth and flavorful sauce. The sauce is then bottled and ready to be enjoyed.</p><h2>3. Is Turbo-1's Habanero Sauce gluten-free?</h2><p>Yes, Turbo-1's Habanero Sauce is gluten-free. It does not contain any wheat, barley, or rye, which are common sources of gluten. However, it is always recommended to check the ingredients list for any potential allergens before consuming.</p><h2>4. How should Turbo-1's Habanero Sauce be stored?</h2><p>Turbo-1's Habanero Sauce should be stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. It is best to refrigerate after opening to maintain its freshness and flavor. It is also important to use a clean spoon or utensil when serving to prevent contamination.</p><h2>5. Can Turbo-1's Habanero Sauce be used in cooking?</h2><p>Yes, Turbo-1's Habanero Sauce can be used in cooking to add a spicy kick to your dishes. It can be used as a marinade, added to soups or stews, or used as a dipping sauce. However, it is important to use it in moderation as it is a very hot sauce and can easily overpower other flavors.</p>

1. What is the Scoville Heat Unit (SHU) of Turbo-1's Habanero Sauce?

The Scoville Heat Unit (SHU) of Turbo-1's Habanero Sauce is approximately 100,000 to 350,000 SHU. This means it is considered to be a very hot sauce and may not be suitable for those who are sensitive to spicy foods.

2. How is Turbo-1's Habanero Sauce made?

Turbo-1's Habanero Sauce is made by blending fresh habanero peppers with vinegar, salt, and other spices. The ingredients are then cooked and blended to create a smooth and flavorful sauce. The sauce is then bottled and ready to be enjoyed.

3. Is Turbo-1's Habanero Sauce gluten-free?

Yes, Turbo-1's Habanero Sauce is gluten-free. It does not contain any wheat, barley, or rye, which are common sources of gluten. However, it is always recommended to check the ingredients list for any potential allergens before consuming.

4. How should Turbo-1's Habanero Sauce be stored?

Turbo-1's Habanero Sauce should be stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. It is best to refrigerate after opening to maintain its freshness and flavor. It is also important to use a clean spoon or utensil when serving to prevent contamination.

5. Can Turbo-1's Habanero Sauce be used in cooking?

Yes, Turbo-1's Habanero Sauce can be used in cooking to add a spicy kick to your dishes. It can be used as a marinade, added to soups or stews, or used as a dipping sauce. However, it is important to use it in moderation as it is a very hot sauce and can easily overpower other flavors.