PSpice simulation vs temperature

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of PARAMETERS for defining the sensitivity of piezoresistance as a function of temperature. The formula for this is {S=S0(1-TCS(temp-25))}. The issue at hand is that "temp" does not change during a Temperature Sweep and the user is seeking help with this problem. They mention using spice simulation software for temperature analysis and also inquire about the concept of piezoresistance. The conversation also includes a suggestion to build a thermistor model to use in the simulation.
margyoala
I am trying to define the sensitivity of a piezoresistance as a function of temperature using PARAMETERS. The equation is: {S=S0(1-TCS(temp-25))}.
The problem is that "temp" doesn't change during a Temperature Sweep, but I don't have any error either. Could you help me?

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
last time I used spice (some time ago) i was supposed to define the limits for the temperature sweep in some file. maybe that's what's missing...

execusme, I will not answer you but I have a qustion

...what is the piezoresistance

Can anyone tell me how to use pspice simulation software for temperature analysis for resistor.

Piezoresistance is resistance that changes with stress. It's commonly used in IC based pressure sensors.

For the formula, I don't know of a direct call to pull up "temp" during a sim, but you can build a thermistor or temperature sensor model and use it. The extended call for a resistor is:

Rxxx Node1 Node2 Value TC=?

To make yourself a thermistor,
.subckt THERMISTOR TH1 TH2
R1 TH1 TH2 1K TC=.02
.ends THERMISTOR

Best of luck,

- Mike

Last edited:

What is PSpice simulation?

PSpice is a computer program used for electronic circuit simulation. It allows users to model and simulate various electrical circuits and systems, and analyze their behavior under different conditions.

How does PSpice simulate temperature?

PSpice uses temperature coefficients to simulate the effects of temperature on electronic components. These coefficients are values assigned to each component that represent the change in its electrical properties as temperature increases or decreases.

What are the benefits of using PSpice simulation for temperature analysis?

PSpice simulation allows for accurate and efficient analysis of how temperature affects electronic circuits. It can help identify potential issues and optimize circuit designs for different temperature conditions.

What are the limitations of PSpice simulation for temperature analysis?

PSpice simulation may not accurately reflect the real-world behavior of components at extreme temperatures. It also relies on accurate temperature coefficients, which may not always be available for all components.

How can I incorporate temperature analysis into my PSpice simulation?

To incorporate temperature analysis into your PSpice simulation, you can assign temperature coefficients to each component in your circuit model. You can also run multiple simulations at different temperatures to analyze the effects on circuit performance.