Make-up Session: A Fish-Slapping Tradition for All Members?

• Thread starter lisab
  • Start date
In summary, a new member is being fish slapped and some feel left out. There is talk of a make-up session and retroactively fish slapping members. The best fish slap was catching someone just right.
lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I haven't been here too long...but every time we have a fish-slapping there are members who say they've never been slapped. Some have been here for a long time. I sense some feel left out...so sad! I enjoyed my herring slaps so much I think everyone should experience it!

Shouldn't there be a make-up session?

Physics news on Phys.org
lisab said:
I haven't been here too long...but every time we have a fish-slapping there are members who say they've never been slapped. Some have been here for a long time. I sense some feel left out...so sad! I enjoyed my herring slaps so much I think everyone should experience it!

Shouldn't there be a make-up session?
We'll need a way of lining them up and automating the fish-slapping. I'm picturing a gear-driven merry-go-round-type device with halibut tied to each handhold.
*paf*paf*paf*paf*paf*paf*

I also escaped, but that's because Brewnog smuggled me in the back door. If I must do the make-up session, I opt for the Bow River trout.

DaveC426913 said:
*paf*paf*paf*paf*paf*paf*

Are you dislexic? That should be *fap*fap... :rolleyes:

Danger said:
Are you dislexic? That should be *fap*fap... :rolleyes:

He's holding the fish backwards. Do I need to do a training session? Geez!

But, excellent idea about the merry-go-gound! (or halibut-go-round.. or what have you...)

We have retroactively fish-slapped members. This seems to be less likely to cause a spontaneous disappearance. We once had someone that said he'd heard of the fish slapping and just joined for that reason!

Glad you enjoyed the fish-slapping lisab, I could tell from the beginning you were one of us! :approve:

Math Is Hard said:
He's holding the fish backwards.
I just spat all over my keyboard! :grumpy:

I thought this was going to be a thing for the PF sisters. Or then something that newly slapped members would require.

Evo said:
I just spat all over my keyboard! :grumpy:

Well, he has a way to go to get that ribbon, then. If it doesn't come out of your nose, it doesn't count. :wink:

Danger said:
Well, he has a way to go to get that ribbon, then. If it doesn't come out of your nose, it doesn't count. :wink:
The worst thing I've had come out of my nose was cheese. Do not sneeze while you are swallowing a cheese sandwich.

No worries on that count; I don't eat cheeze sandwiches.
My best (and this used to be a sport in my old SF club) was catching a guy just right so that he passed a noodle out his nose whilst supping upon his chicken noodle soup.
I also once got an unexpected response from a waitress for a comment that had absolutely nothing to do with either chickens or noodles.

What is a make-up session?

A make-up session is a session where a professional make-up artist applies cosmetics to enhance or change a person's appearance for a specific event or occasion.

Why do people have make-up sessions?

People have make-up sessions for a variety of reasons, such as for special events like weddings or parties, for professional photo shoots, or simply to improve their appearance and boost their confidence.

How long does a make-up session typically last?

The duration of a make-up session can vary depending on the complexity and desired look, but on average, it can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours.

What products are used in a make-up session?

Make-up artists typically use a variety of products such as foundation, concealer, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, blush, highlighter, and lipstick to create a desired look. The specific products used may vary depending on the client's skin type, preferences, and the look they want to achieve.

How do I prepare for a make-up session?

Before a make-up session, it is recommended to have a clean and moisturized face. Avoid wearing any make-up, as it can interfere with the make-up artist's application. It is also helpful to have an idea of the look you want to achieve and to communicate any specific requests or concerns with the make-up artist.