PF PHOTO CONTEST - Recycle 7 June

In summary, the PF PHOTO CONTEST - Recycle 7 June aims to promote recycling and encourage individuals to share creative photos related to recycling. The contest is open to anyone interested in photography and supporting recycling. Participants must submit original high resolution photos in JPEG format and follow the rules and guidelines outlined on the official website. The winners will be chosen by a panel of judges based on creativity, originality, and relevance to the theme. Prizes for the winners will include cash and eco-friendly products sponsored by partners.
Andre
PF PHOTO CONTEST Recycle

This week the subject word is "recycle" Please submit a picture in some element of recycling is expressed. Use your imagination again. Obvously as the art is to sell the art, elaboration is welcome and will be posted with the voting.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread

Physics news on Phys.org
Hopefully my English is good enough to explain what it is about. This is a hinge:

marcin_recycle.jpg

Not so long ago wagon wheels were made of wood with iron rim. Rim was made by local smith, who was buying iron bars that were about right width and rectangular in cross section. Identical bars were used to make different things (hinges included). However, iron was expensive. So whenever rim got broken beyond repair (and that was not rare), it was reused. That's why this hinge has rounded edges - before it was modeled into hinge it was a rim that got abraded on roads.

That's super cool, Borek.

And solitary.

I'm trying to find something! My cat's kind of recycled. She was a stray when she first came to live with me. So, would another cat picture count? :biggrin:

whenever you explain the recycle factor, sure :biggrin:

This is nowhere near as good as Borek's image, but here we go.

IMG_0285.jpg

My mother found this treasure at a community garage sale (aka: rummage sale) (aka: jumble) and sent it to me last week by UPS. I live far away from them. She bought it because "she knew I'd love it".

It stands about 14 cm tall (6 inches) and, yes, folks, it is a music box that plays the song Easter Bonnet. While the song plays, the two rabbits inside of the watering can spin on their platform.

Make of it what you will.

I knew I should have used my cat.

Nice one GeorginaS! and good as Borek's image.

recycled1.jpg
What to do with old work boots?

I adore those boots, Hypatia!

Lol thanks, next year I'm going to try Hens-n-Chicks in high heels.

I'm sorry this contest hasn't continued.

Okay point taken, sorry, but it was a bit discouraging, getting one or two entries a week if at all.

shall we try and survive it?

I realize it was discouraging. I completely understand. As other people noted, when we moved the contest to this forum, it got way less exposure to fewer people and the less traffic, the less notice it got. If we ran it on the General Forum again, I'm sure it would get as much interest as it always did.

I'm not really in a position, though, to say absolutely yes or no, because I'm not a photographer and can only contribute when I have something on topic. I just really enjoy it, is all.

We can always pretend it was just a Summer break.

Well, okay then. Thanks for the fish. :smile:

I really enjoyed this contest while it was alive.

1. What is the purpose of the PF PHOTO CONTEST - Recycle 7 June?

The purpose of the PF PHOTO CONTEST - Recycle 7 June is to raise awareness about the importance of recycling and to encourage individuals to capture and share creative photos related to recycling.

2. Who can participate in the contest?

The contest is open to anyone who is interested in photography and supports the cause of recycling. You do not need to be a professional photographer to participate.

3. What are the rules and guidelines for the contest?

Participants are required to submit original photos related to recycling, taken by themselves. The photos must be high resolution and in JPEG format. Inappropriate or offensive content will not be accepted. For a complete list of rules and guidelines, please visit the official contest website.

4. How are the winners determined?

The winners will be selected by a panel of judges based on creativity, originality, and relevance to the theme of recycling. The decision of the judges will be final.

5. What are the prizes for the winners?

The winners will receive cash prizes and/or eco-friendly products sponsored by our partners. The exact prizes will be announced on the contest website.