Become a Mentor, PF Contributor - Titles & Awards

• Thread starter KaneOris
  • Start date
In summary, mentors are chosen for specific forums based on their expertise and a history of being helpful and dependable. They are given awards at an annual ceremony.
KaneOris
How do you guys become mentors, and PF contributors, etc etc? Do you have an award ceremony every year, or do the admins just give them to people they see helping out alot, and stuff like that

Physics news on Phys.org
Contributors have opted to support the forum financially (look for a donation page). As for the rest; when in doubt, follow the money trail, haha

(just kidding)

<whisper> It actually involves a red hot iron and a pagan ritual including a satanic dance with a demonic head on a plate...but I'm not supposed to tell, or they'll unsheath their pitchforks in my general direction.

Hmm, have you ever seen a vodoo goat sacrifice... not pretty

Anyway, Did you buy, Science Advisor, and Homework helper?

I believe they are awarded.
Money can't buy intelligence. Check out the last forum on the main page. It?s a congratulatory thread for someone being "promoted".

...um i was joking on that last post

You go to Buckingham palace and the Queen of England presnts you with a medal.

Mentors are chosen for specific forums based on their expertise and a history of being helpful and dependable.

I'm the exception. :wink:

And of course, everything that gokul43201 said.

Evo<-----holding pitchfork :devil:

Evo said:
Mentors are chosen for specific forums based on their expertise and a history of being helpful and dependable.

I'm the exception. :wink:

And of course, everything that gokul43201 said.

Evo<-----holding pitchfork :devil:

You are worth of being the PF-Madame of this forum if the face shown on your left is the right one. :biggrin:

If so, I declare you the Miss-PF. :cool:

The current avatar is my daughter. I sometimes have my picture posted.

Evo said:
The current avatar is my daughter. I sometimes have my picture posted.

:blushing: :blushing: :blushing: Sorry, Evo :blushing: :rofl:

Anyway, you know, first of all a man has to make a good impression to the mother of the girl he likes. :biggrin:

I took it as a compliment. :smile:

Clausius2 said:
Anyway, you know, first of all a man has to make a good impression to the mother of the girl he likes. :biggrin:
That is very true. :biggrin:

That tears it then...

Gokul43201 said:
<whisper> It actually involves a red hot iron and a pagan ritual including a satanic dance with a demonic head on a plate...but I'm not supposed to tell, or they'll unsheath their pitchforks in my general direction.
I've got to get inside this organization. :tongue2:

Boulder's not fooling anyone. We all know that he is the "head on the plate".

What is the purpose of becoming a mentor on PF Contributor?

The purpose of becoming a mentor on PF Contributor is to share your expertise and knowledge with others in the scientific community. By becoming a mentor, you can help guide and support others in their career development and contribute to the advancement of science.

What are the requirements for becoming a mentor on PF Contributor?

To become a mentor on PF Contributor, you must have a strong background in a scientific field and a desire to help others. You should also be willing to commit time and effort to mentoring and be open to learning from your mentees.

What benefits do mentors receive on PF Contributor?

Mentors on PF Contributor receive recognition for their contributions through titles and awards. They also have the opportunity to expand their professional network and gain valuable experience in mentoring and leadership.

How are titles and awards determined on PF Contributor?

Titles and awards on PF Contributor are determined based on the quality and impact of a mentor's contributions. This includes the number of mentees they have successfully guided, the level of engagement and feedback from mentees, and the overall impact of their mentorship on the community.

How can I become a mentor on PF Contributor?

If you are interested in becoming a mentor on PF Contributor, you can apply through the website's mentorship program. Your application will be reviewed by the PF team and if selected, you will be given the necessary tools and resources to start your mentorship journey.