Magnetic Flux Induced current

In summary: However, if the wire is moved at a speed that causes the charges to experience a force, then an induced current will occur.
caljuice
Say I have a closed metal rectangular shaped wire in a region with a magnetic field.

If the magnetic flux is constant, there is no induced current, no experienced force, and no EMF?

If I start the changing the magnetic flux, I suppose by increasing the magnetic field, there will be an induce current and it'll start experiencing a magnetic force?

What if the magnetic field is constant but we move the wire at some speed? The flux is the same, which should mean no induced current or will F= qv x B come into play here since the wires are simply a collection of charges? If the charges experience a force then they'll move and an induced current will happen? Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
caljuice said:
Say I have a closed metal rectangular shaped wire in a region with a magnetic field.

If the magnetic flux is constant, there is no induced current, no experienced force, and no EMF?
Correct.

caljuice said:
If I start the changing the magnetic flux, I suppose by increasing the magnetic field, there will be an induce current and it'll start experiencing a magnetic force?
Correct.

caljuice said:
What if the magnetic field is constant but we move the wire at some speed? The flux is the same, which should mean no induced current or will F= qv x B come into play here since the wires are simply a collection of charges? If the charges experience a force then they'll move and an induced current will happen? Thanks.
The effective charge will be zero, so any induced currents will cancel out.

1. What is magnetic flux induced current?

Magnetic flux induced current refers to the phenomenon where a changing magnetic field induces an electric current in a conductor.

2. How is magnetic flux induced current different from regular electric current?

Magnetic flux induced current is created by a changing magnetic field, while regular electric current is created by a potential difference or voltage. Additionally, magnetic flux induced current is only present while the magnetic field is changing, while regular electric current can flow continuously.

3. What factors affect the strength of magnetic flux induced current?

The strength of magnetic flux induced current depends on the strength and rate of change of the magnetic field, as well as the properties of the conductor, such as its length, shape, and material.

4. How is magnetic flux induced current used in practical applications?

Magnetic flux induced current is used in a variety of devices, such as generators, transformers, and motors. It is also used in induction heating, where the heat is generated by the magnetic flux induced current in a conductive material.

5. Can magnetic flux induced current be harmful?

In most cases, magnetic flux induced current is not harmful. However, in high power applications, it can cause overheating and damage to electrical components. It is important to properly design and shield devices that use magnetic flux induced current to prevent any potential hazards.