What to call a guy who designs and builds electronic circuits

In summary, the job title for someone who designs and builds electronic circuits can vary, but commonly includes terms such as electrical engineer, hardware designer, hardware engineer, circuit designer, and analog designer.
bhaazee
If I am a guy who develops CAD models, you call me CAD Engineer
What to call a guy, when he designs and builds electronic circuits. I am looking for the word that is actually used in job search columns or newspapers, etc

Just want to clear my (may be childish) doubt

Regards

Physics news on Phys.org
Thnx for the reply.

electrical engineer
hardware designer
hardware engineer
circuit designer
analog designer
etc.

"What to call a guy who designs and builds electronic circuits"

I call them tom cats. ^_^

1. What is the correct term for a person who designs and builds electronic circuits?

The correct term for a person who designs and builds electronic circuits is an electronics engineer.

2. Is there a difference between an electronics engineer and an electrical engineer?

Yes, there is a difference between an electronics engineer and an electrical engineer. While both deal with electricity and circuits, an electronics engineer specifically focuses on designing and creating electronic circuits, while an electrical engineer may work with a wider range of electrical systems.

3. Can someone become an electronics engineer without a degree?

While it is possible to learn and acquire the necessary skills to become an electronics engineer without a degree, it is generally preferred and recommended to have at least a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or a related field.

4. What skills are required to become an electronics engineer?

To become an electronics engineer, one should have a strong understanding of mathematics, physics, and computer science. They should also possess critical thinking, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills, as well as the ability to work with various electronic components and tools.

5. What industries typically employ electronics engineers?

Electronics engineers can be employed in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, manufacturing, aerospace, defense, and consumer electronics. They may also work in research and development or for government agencies.