Which crystal dissolves in only hot water and recrystalize on cooling

In summary: For example, if you inject the chemical into a gas or vapor state, the particles will be too small to crystallize. If you want to crystallize the particles, they need to be in a liquid state.
duke656
Dear all!

Somebody, please tell me which crystal is soluble in hot water but not in cold water.

I am looking for some crystalline chemicals which are strong enough to bind something like glass beads. As I mentioned, it should be highly soluble in hot water (or change into liquid on high temperature) but should not be soluble in water in normal condition of temperature and pressure.

I am afraid I might be able to find such materials (or such material in reasonable price) or not.

Thanks in advance
Peace

Chemistry news on Phys.org
There are plenty of substances with solubility changing the way you describe, question is whether they will work gluing your marbles together.

You are probably going to have use some type of adhesive/glue.

Jewelers use cyanonacrylate glues (superglue) extensively to attach semi-precious gems to a bezel, for example. And this type of glue will attach to glass.

There are solvents/debonders for these glues - see Section 5 in the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyanoacrylate

Borek and Jim thank you.

I am looking for something like Borek wrote. Could you share some idea Borek? Let me describe my problem. Say, I have a sack full of glass beads (0.5 mm). I would like to inject the chemical in the form of solution(dissolved in hot water). I want this solution to crystallize on cooling and bind the glass beads on sack. Is it possible?

Thank you once again.

Peace

In most cases, if it crystallizes, it will be still mixed with water. Is that what you want?

Does it have to be dissolved in water? Isn't it enough that it solidifies?

Do you want to be able to dissolve it later?

I don't have any particular substances on mind, but there are plenty of reasons that can make the result different from what you want to achieve.

1. What is the process of dissolving and recrystallization?

Dissolving is the process of a solid substance being broken down and dispersed into a liquid. Recrystallization is the process of a dissolved substance reforming into a solid crystal structure.

2. How does temperature affect the solubility and recrystallization of crystals?

Temperature can affect the solubility of crystals by increasing the rate of dissolution. Hot water has more energy, allowing for more collisions with the crystal and breaking it down faster. On cooling, the temperature decreases and the crystal is able to reform into a solid structure once again.

3. Why does only hot water dissolve and recrystallize certain crystals?

Some crystals have certain molecular structures that are only affected by high temperatures. When placed in hot water, the molecules are able to break apart and dissolve, but on cooling, they are able to reform into their original crystal structure.

4. Can all crystals dissolve and recrystallize in hot water?

No, not all crystals have the same molecular structure and thus, not all crystals are affected by temperature in the same way. Some crystals may not dissolve or recrystallize in hot water at all.

5. What is an example of a crystal that dissolves in only hot water and recrystallizes on cooling?

Sodium chloride, or table salt, is an example of a crystal that dissolves in hot water and recrystallizes on cooling. The high temperature of the water allows the salt to dissolve, but as the water cools, the salt is able to reform into its solid crystal structure.