Has anyone used the LM833n for a low distortion preamp in a hifi audio project?

• Thread starter Tesladude
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person working on a hifi audio project and searching for a low distortion preamp. They mention finding the lm833n with .002% distortion, but are having trouble finding a recommended audio circuit for it. They ask if anyone has comments or suggestions, and someone suggests doing a Google Images search for LM883 to find application circuits.
Tesladude
I am working on a hifi audio project and was looking for a very low distortion preamp.
I found the lm833n which has .002% but I can't seem to find a real recommended audio circuit for it.
Does anyone have any comments or suggestions of any kind?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Tesladude said:
I am working on a hifi audio project and was looking for a very low distortion preamp.
I found the lm833n which has .002% but I can't seem to find a real recommended audio circuit for it.
Does anyone have any comments or suggestions of any kind?

Try doing a Google Images search on LM883 -- that seems to turn up a fair number of application circuits... :smile:

1. What is LM833n and what is it used for?

LM833n is a type of operational amplifier (op-amp) that is commonly used in electronic circuits. It is designed to amplify and process analog signals, making it useful for applications such as audio amplifiers, filters, and oscillators.

2. How does LM833n compare to other op-amps?

LM833n is a dual op-amp, meaning it has two amplification channels in one package. It also has a low input bias current and low noise levels, making it suitable for high-precision applications. However, its bandwidth and slew rate are lower compared to some other op-amps on the market.

3. Can LM833n be used in low voltage circuits?

Yes, LM833n has a wide supply voltage range of ±3V to ±18V, making it suitable for use in low voltage circuits. It also has a low power consumption, making it energy-efficient.

4. Are there any common issues or limitations with using LM833n?

One potential issue with LM833n is its limited output current, which may be a problem in circuits that require high output levels. Additionally, it is not suitable for use in high-temperature environments as it has a limited operating temperature range of -40°C to 85°C.

5. Has anyone used LM833n in their projects and can share their experience?

Yes, many engineers and hobbyists have used LM833n in various projects. Some have reported good results with its low noise and low distortion performance, while others have found it to be a reliable and cost-effective option for audio applications. However, as with any component, it is always important to carefully consider the specific requirements of your project before selecting an op-amp.