Would you date a girl with tatoos?

• Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Girl
In summary, you would not date a girl because she has a nice house on the inside but an ugly exterior.
gravenewworld
Me: No way. I don't date girls who look like they should be in a motorcycle gang. Tats on the lower back, near the ankle, on the back of the neck, or on the hip just seem like an annoying trend.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'll date girl because she's fun and intelligent, not because of (or absense of) her tattoo. Judging a girl/not dating her based on a tattoo/piercing and the like is a good way to not get to know someone you might be happy with. But if someone wants to make those sweeping tattoo (or piercing gets a lot of attention) generalizations, then more power to them; I'll make my judgements by getting to know the person, not by their appearance.

Likes Rainbow Rider
gravenewworld said:
Me: No way. I don't date girls who look like they should be in a motorcycle gang. Tats on the lower back, near the ankle, on the back of the neck, or on the hip just seem like an annoying trend.

So you know a girl for a few weeks and really like her. When you get in bed with her you notice a tattoo some place which is normally clothed or hidden, like mid back or something.

Do you just leave?

Daniel Y. said:
I'll date girl because she's fun and intelligent, not because of (or absense of) her tattoo. Judging a girl/not dating her based on a tattoo/piercing and the like is a good way to not get to know someone you might be happy with. But if someone wants to make those sweeping tattoo (or piercing gets a lot of attention) generalizations, then more power to them; I'll make my judgements by getting to know the person, not by their appearance.
Riiiiiiiiiighhtt...because I bet you never take into account something like how a girl looks when you try to hit on them because you are the king of chivalry. LOL. Yeah right.

gravenewworld said:
Riiiiiiiiiighhtt...because I bet you never take into account something like how a girl looks when you try to hit on them because you are the king of chivalry. LOL. Yeah right.
:confused: All physical beauty does is get me to notice a girl -- but I, for one, have absolutely no interest in hitting on a total stranger. And since physical beauty is mostly irrelevant once you know a girl's personality, I really don't understand your point of view.

I would definitely never date a girl with a tattoo. :biggrin: (I prefer men, and while most tattoos are initial turn-offs, I've learned to never say never, since I might get to like one before I see the tattoo, depending where it is.)

A possibly more relevant question: would you hit on a girl with a tattoo? Hopefully, anyone who gets to the point of the option of dating would have ahd the opp to see a little deeper than skin.

And yes. It would be a real waste to unilaterally rule out so many women before getting to know them (I guess I'm sayin' that tats are no longer a defining criterion.)

IMO, tats, whether they look nice or not, do send a message that this girl is aware of her bod and wants you to be aware of it too. Which is a bit titilating.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind if someone I dated had a tatoo. Because if you are already dating then you like the person.

I'm very inclined to say no. The day before yesterday I was at the mall and there was a nice tall blonde girl infront of me in line. I checked her out since her back was towards me. She had nice curves on the way down and then BAM a nice green tattoo on her foot. That was a deal breaker.

I wouldn't mind dating a girl with a tattoo. I prefer girls who don't have tattoos though.

I wouldn't have a problem with a fairly small tattoo in an inconspicuous location. Large tattoos in prominent locations; would probably keep walking.

Hurkyl said:
:confused: All physical beauty does is get me to notice a girl -- but I, for one, have absolutely no interest in hitting on a total stranger. And since physical beauty is mostly irrelevant once you know a girl's personality, I really don't understand your point of view.
Would you buy a house that is nice on the inside, but looked completely dilapidated on the outside? Yes? Well good for you, not me. A complete package not only includes the inside, but also the outside.

I'm sorry but the way in which one presents themself says a lot to other people. How you dress, how you look, what body modifications you have, all send a message to people. You may not like it, but that's just the way it is and will always be.

Last edited:
I dated a girl who had a tatoo (flower), but I found out after we started dating. She was a real sweetheart, but she was married, which I also found out after we started dating, so that kind of put a hold on things while she tried to sort out what she wanted to do. That was the women I was seeing before I met the women with whom I've been with for the last 27+ years.

Cyrus said:
then BAM a nice green tattoo on her foot. That was a deal breaker.

BFD, its on her foot...

Astronuc said:
I dated a girl who had a tatoo (flower), but I found out after we started dating. She was a real sweetheart, but she was married, which I also found out after we started dating, so that kind of put a hold on things while she tried to sort out what she wanted to do. That was the women I was seeing before I met the women with whom I've been with for the last 27+ years.

:rofl: Yeah, that whole, "By the way...I'm married..." thing is a real turn-off.

I've met many very interesting and intelligent women of all sorts. I know a woman who travels all over the world on business and has made presentations to congressional committees that, while I'm unaware of anybody mods she may have, dresses up in black vinyl bondage gear and frequents goth industrial clubs. I also know a 50 year old 'biker babe' with a tattoo who knits and is a prof with a phd in anthropology. She also dresses up and goes to goth industrial clubs.
While I often find excessive tattoos and piercings unattractive physically I don't really care as long as they are intelligent interesting women. Some times I even think tattoos and piercings are sexy.

binzing said:
BFD, its on her foot...

What's BFD?

Cyrus said:
What's BFD?

"big freakin deal"??

I prefer f-ing, but that's why I made it an acronym...

binzing said:
I prefer f-ing, but that's why I made it an acronym...

I guess you missed the part about me not liking tattoos?

I also dislike blonde women.

Well yeah, excessive huge, ugly tattoos are a turn off, but one on her foot? How often are you going to be looking at her foot (unless you've a foot fetish...)

I also generally find blondes not very good.

I'm not much of a fan of tattoos on the lower body in general, feet included. I don't mind them much overall, though. I've dated a few girls that were tatted up, though never in a major way. A couple even managed to look pretty wholesome anyway. It's all in how she carries it.

binzing said:
Well yeah, excessive huge, ugly tattoos are a turn off, but one on her foot? How often are you going to be looking at her foot (unless you've a foot fetish...)

I also generally find blondes not very good.

How about standing in a department store with her wearing sandals. Knowing she has a tat, Id be staring at it constantly thinking to myself, 'how stupid of her'.

I know a guy who has a tat that goes around his arm. Every time I see that I can't help but think to myself, yea that makes you a really hard core bad-ass...right.

Cyrus said:
I know a guy who has a tat that goes around his arm. Every time I see that I can't help but think to myself, yea that makes you a really hard core bad-ass...right.

Those barbed wire tats around the arm are the stupidest things I've ever seen.

EDIT: This would be a good time to link to the old tattoo thread we had.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=228970&highlight=tattoo

Definitely, but my wife says I mustn't.

lisab said:
:rofl: Yeah, that whole, "By the way...I'm married..." thing is a real turn-off.
Yeah - it was a show stopper. I laughed when she told me, because I expected other men were interested in her since she was quite attractive.

We were sitting in her apartment in the living room/dining room area which had two couches. I sat on one couch, she went to the kitchen to get some drinks, gave me my drink, sat on the other couch and said, "There's something I need to tell you, but I'm not sure. I hope you won't be angry, but . . . ."

All I could do was laugh, and tell her that I wasn't angry, which was true. It was an amusing situation.

She then came over to the same couch and proceeded to tell me her situation.

Since I wasn't looking around for relationships, I told her that I'd wait until she resolved her situation. She was contemplating a divorce, but wanted to see if she could make her marriage work. He husband was in prison (got busted) and was in his 2nd year of a 5 year sentence. :rolleyes: He got out early at the end of the third year. They subsequently divorced, which I found out when I went to see her to tell her that (per her suggestion) I have found someone and was engaged.

I wouldn't be bothered.

gravenewworld said:

It would depend on how many, how big, and what the tatoo is. In general, I don't like tatoos. A good looking tatoo is pretty rare.

With some, you wonder why they don't just tatoo the words, "I'm stupid!" somewhere on their body.

Personally, I think tatooing your address and phone number on the bottom of your foot might be useful. It could come in handy if you have too much to drink.

BobG said:
Personally, I think tatooing your address and phone number on the bottom of your foot might be useful. It could come in handy if you have too much to drink.

I think this is a great idea, but that's another reason, why I think you shouldn't drink, lol.

Thats only a good idea if you take your shoes and socks off before you collapse in a drunken coma. I suggest you tattoo that information on your forehead if you're that type of person.

Cyrus said:
I'm very inclined to say no. The day before yesterday I was at the mall and there was a nice tall blonde girl infront of me in line. I checked her out since her back was towards me. She had nice curves on the way down and then BAM a nice green tattoo on her foot. That was a deal breaker.

Could be her way of sorting out guys who have what she considers to be 'hangups' about inconsequential things. I find it interesting that in this post you refer to her as a 'nice tall blonde girl' and a few posts later you state that you dislike blonde women. So if she had not had the tattoo and you chatted her up and dated her how long would it have taken you to realize that you don't like blonde women and sent her packing? Or would the nice curves and long legs make up for it? I'd say she's lucky she had the tattoo.

My wife has a tattoo of a snake that starts on the little toe of her left foot. It spirals up her leg, then around her torso and the finally around her right arm, with the tongue "licking" the back of her right hand.

No, not really, but it would be cool! She has often stated she wanted a tattoo (not the snake I described, more like one of those "Celtic braids" around her wrist or ankle) and I couldn't possibly see how that would change how I see her.

A pierced eyebrow though...ooh, that makes my eyes water just looking at them.

I actually use a tattoo machine every once in a while, so no.

Unless its tribal.

I like people who arnt scared to get tatoos. so yeh its good

Averagesupernova said:
Could be her way of sorting out guys who have what she considers to be 'hangups' about inconsequential things. I find it interesting that in this post you refer to her as a 'nice tall blonde girl' and a few posts later you state that you dislike blonde women. So if she had not had the tattoo and you chatted her up and dated her how long would it have taken you to realize that you don't like blonde women and sent her packing? Or would the nice curves and long legs make up for it? I'd say she's lucky she had the tattoo.

How long, after I slept with her. I'll give you a silly answer to your silly question. Ok, Ill post more seriously an answer to your question in a bit.

Last edited:
<h2>1. What do you think about dating someone with tattoos?</h2><p>As a scientist, my personal opinions on dating someone with tattoos do not affect my answer. However, studies have shown that individuals with tattoos are often perceived as more rebellious and less conventional, which may be a factor to consider in a potential relationship.</p><h2>2. Are there any health risks associated with dating someone with tattoos?</h2><p>No, there are no health risks specifically associated with dating someone with tattoos. As long as proper hygiene and safety precautions are taken during the tattooing process, there should be no concerns.</p><h2>3. Do people with tattoos have a certain personality or character traits?</h2><p>There is no scientific evidence to suggest that people with tattoos have a specific personality or character traits. It is important to remember that tattoos are a form of self-expression and do not define a person's entire identity.</p><h2>4. Would dating someone with tattoos affect my own personal image or reputation?</h2><p>Again, this is a subjective question and may vary based on personal opinions and societal norms. However, it is important to remember that a person's worth is not solely based on their appearance or the presence of tattoos.</p><h2>5. Is it common for scientists to have tattoos?</h2><p>There is no data on the prevalence of tattoos among scientists. However, it is becoming more socially acceptable and common for professionals, including scientists, to have visible tattoos. Ultimately, a person's career should not be determined by their physical appearance.</p>

1. What do you think about dating someone with tattoos?

As a scientist, my personal opinions on dating someone with tattoos do not affect my answer. However, studies have shown that individuals with tattoos are often perceived as more rebellious and less conventional, which may be a factor to consider in a potential relationship.

2. Are there any health risks associated with dating someone with tattoos?

No, there are no health risks specifically associated with dating someone with tattoos. As long as proper hygiene and safety precautions are taken during the tattooing process, there should be no concerns.

3. Do people with tattoos have a certain personality or character traits?

There is no scientific evidence to suggest that people with tattoos have a specific personality or character traits. It is important to remember that tattoos are a form of self-expression and do not define a person's entire identity.

4. Would dating someone with tattoos affect my own personal image or reputation?

Again, this is a subjective question and may vary based on personal opinions and societal norms. However, it is important to remember that a person's worth is not solely based on their appearance or the presence of tattoos.

5. Is it common for scientists to have tattoos?

There is no data on the prevalence of tattoos among scientists. However, it is becoming more socially acceptable and common for professionals, including scientists, to have visible tattoos. Ultimately, a person's career should not be determined by their physical appearance.