BNCT(Boron Neutron Capture Therapy)

In summary, the conversation is about finding journals and related books for research on Design and modeling of a beam tube for nuclear reactors used in BNCT (Boron Neutron Capture Therapy). The Wikipedia article on BNCT provides a list of references to start with. The person suggests using databases such as Web of Knowledge to find literature on BNCT, and lists some relevant journals including APPLIED RADIATION AND ISOTOPES, HEALTH PHYSICS, PROGRESS IN NUCLEAR ENERGY, ANNALS OF NUCLEAR ENERGY, JOURNAL OF RADIOANALYTICAL AND NUCLEAR CHEMISTRY, and NUCLEAR TECHNOLOGY. They also mention an article that has been cited 311 times, which may be helpful for the research
ms.shafeie
My research is about Design and modeling of beam tube of nuclear reactor for BNCT(Boron Neutron Capture Therapy) application and I need some journals and related books about it.

Engineering news on Phys.org
thanks a lot for ur suggestion .could u please tell me some journals about it.

Oh.thanks.I've found every things in ur suggested article.

ms.shafeie said:
My research is about Design and modeling of beam tube of nuclear reactor for BNCT(Boron Neutron Capture Therapy) application and I need some journals and related books about it.
Are you a student, if so I think you should learn how to find literature about BNCT in databases e.g. Web of Knowledge(WOK). I find many journals about it using BNCT and reactor as topic in WOK. I list some journals as below:APPLIED RADIATION AND ISOTOPES, HEALTH PHYSICS PROGRESS IN NUCLEAR ENERGY ANNALS OF NUCLEAR ENERGY JOURNAL OF RADIOANALYTICAL AND NUCLEAR CHEMISTRY NUCLEAR TECHNOLOGY and so on. Attachment is the article downloaded from WOK. It has been cited by 311 times. I hope this can help you.

Attachments

• Boron neutron capture therapy of cancer Current status and future prospects.PDF
    547.5 KB · Views: 396

1. What is BNCT?

BNCT, or Boron Neutron Capture Therapy, is a form of cancer treatment that uses a combination of a boron-containing drug and neutron radiation to target and destroy cancer cells.

2. How does BNCT work?

BNCT works by injecting a boron-containing drug into the patient's bloodstream, which then accumulates in the tumor cells. The patient is then exposed to a beam of low-energy neutrons, which react with the boron atoms to produce high-energy particles that specifically target and destroy the cancer cells.

3. What types of cancer can be treated with BNCT?

BNCT has been primarily used to treat brain tumors, such as glioblastoma, but it has also shown promising results in treating other types of cancer, including head and neck, liver, and pancreatic cancers.

4. What are the benefits of BNCT over other cancer treatments?

One of the major benefits of BNCT is its ability to target and destroy cancer cells while minimizing damage to surrounding healthy tissue. It also has fewer side effects compared to traditional treatments like chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Additionally, BNCT can be repeated multiple times without causing cumulative damage to the patient's body.

5. Is BNCT widely available?

Currently, BNCT is not widely available as it is still considered a new and experimental treatment. However, there are ongoing clinical trials and efforts to make BNCT more accessible to patients in the future.