Can women really get men to do anything they want?

• Thread starter Nucleonics
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Women
In summary, no, women do not typically expect a guy to honor a request even when something is not being offered in return. For example, men will often times pull over if a woman is having car problems, or is short a few bucks for lunch, etc, while it is much harder for another male to expect the same generousity.

bassplayer142 said:
It matters how much money she has...
Some people say I married my wife because she was a millionaire, but it's not true. I would have married her if she only had $999,999.99

Physics news on Phys.org

jimmysnyder said:
Some people say I married my wife because she was a millionaire, but it's not true. I would have married her if she only had $999,999.99

If you didn't notice that was supposed to be a joke. I agree with you 100% that money plays a small role.

bassplayer142 said:
If you didn't notice that was supposed to be a joke. I agree with you 100% that money plays a small role.

that's usually true of more men than of more women-----

from the 'traditional' viewpoint--women need/'needed' a 'good' supplier/provider

one reason why some women are labeled 'gold diggers' more than men----how many movies have you seen about 'gold digging' men?

and the most noticable ones stand out --e.g.---Anna Nicole Smith

bassplayer142 said:
If you didn't notice that was supposed to be a joke.
Actually, I lifted it, as usual. This time from a song that I heard just last night.

Molly dear, now did you hear what all the neighbors say
About the hundred sovreigns you have safely stowed away?
They say that's why I love you. Ah but Molly, that's a shame
If you had only ninety-nine, I'd love you just the same.
http://www.traditionalmusic.co.uk/irish-folk-music/007156.HTM"

Last edited by a moderator:

Nucleonics said:
Being a male, I've heard women frequently tell me that they can make men do anything they so desired (within reason, I'd assume). The sheer lack of humility of such a statement makes me think it's just something women say because they heard other women say it also. But I was wondering what the experience of the women in this forum really was. Can you ladies really get anything you request from a guy (within reason)?

You're argument relies on generalizations, so the answer is. NO

Mk said:
You are a male, and trying to avoid sex, flirtation, and bosom flashing? Are you homosexual?

I seriously hope you were joking because this is such an obvious false dichotomy. It's crude in thought to be quite honest.