Solar energy heat energy light energy

In summary, a lens will magnify the light from a dot on the surface of the lens, so if you want to calculate the intensity of the light, you divide the surface of the lens by the surface of the dot.
WARGREYMONKKTL
solar energy heat energy light energy...

i am a student in high school. and i want to ask someone about the basics of
solar energy. i want to create a solar system that can heat up water. anyof you can give some advices/ equation/model/ for my idea.
is ther possible if a solar cells can run a motor? and is it possible that a solar energy can be gather to create a fusion reaction (if possible)?
can sombody give me the explanation for the following situation?
" i use a magnify glass to gather the sun light onto a paper. after a few minutes the paper burn up." how can magnifying glass do that?
some body can give me a system equation for the following situation?
" i let the sun ligh (concentrated) go through a transparent contaner which containing pure water. i notice that the temperature of the water is being raised up." i wonder why?
these question is really basics for all designer in here. can you give some informations about these "old stuff"?
thanks!

Engineering news on Phys.org
Could you start by saying what you think is happening here? We don't just answer homework questions for people here - we help students answer them themselves.

russ_watters said:
Could you start by saying what you think is happening here? We don't just answer homework questions for people here - we help students answer them themselves.

The energy we receive from the sun at mean Earth distance is called solar constant (SC) SC=1353 watt/M^2 that is 13,53 watt /dm^2. A lens makes a dot of the sun in mm^2. If you want to calculate the intensity of the light in the dot you need to divide the surface of the lens bij the surface of the dot. for example 2cm^2/(2mm^2) = 100.
The intensity of the sunlight on the lense is 13,53*2/100 is 0,27 watt.
If the lense is 100% you get 0,27 watt / (2mm^2)
Savie?

1. What is solar energy?

Solar energy is a type of renewable energy that is derived from the sun's rays. It can be converted into heat or electricity and is considered a clean and sustainable energy source.

2. How does solar energy work?

Solar energy works by capturing the sun's rays through solar panels or thermal collectors. These devices then convert the sunlight into usable energy, either through the photovoltaic effect (for electricity) or thermal energy (for heating).

3. What is heat energy?

Heat energy is a form of energy that is transferred from one object to another due to a difference in temperature. It is a type of kinetic energy that is associated with the movement of atoms and molecules.

4. How is solar energy used to produce heat energy?

Solar energy can be used to produce heat energy through the use of thermal collectors. These collectors absorb the sun's rays and transfer the heat to a fluid, which is then used to heat water or air. This heated water or air can then be used for various purposes, such as heating buildings or providing hot water for household use.

5. What is light energy?

Light energy is a type of electromagnetic radiation that is visible to the human eye. It is a form of energy that travels in waves and can be harnessed to produce electricity through the use of solar panels.