Gardening: Overcoming Challenges & Growing Success

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    garden
In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's neighbors digging up their garden without permission. The speaker is not upset about losing the garden, but rather the lack of communication and trespassing. They also mention a song about someone taking their land, and they do not mind giving away things they do not need as long as they are asked.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Yes they have pinched my garden, i did not want it any way, but it is a bit
off just coming along and digging it up without a word, my garden is over the road from my cott, and is half a plot of land, and next door have just dug the lot up and planted it, i should offer to help weed it then every thing would die. :devil:

Oh, one up to me, i pruned a rose bush 3 months ago and it is still alive
And i can grow 3 ft thistles in record time.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Your neighbors dug up your garden? What gives them the right to do that?

Is it their land?

Math Is Hard said:
Your neighbors dug up your garden? What gives them the right to do that?

I do not know, i am not a gardener so i care little about the deed ,it is just the trespass i think is wrong, if they had asked i would have said yes take it,
but to just take is a bit bullish, any way that song about the space guy, take my land etc, i will only give so much.

wolram, you're not Jamaican, are you ?

Ya maan, nuh bodda mi. Galang bout yuh business. Mi a go bak a sleep.

Gokul43201 said:
wolram, you're not Jamaican, are you ?

Ya maan, nuh bodda mi. Galang bout yuh business. Mi a go bak a sleep.

:rofl: :rofl: , to many hits to worry, if i did i would be hurting, if i have some thing i have no need for anyone can have it, i just would like for them to ask before they take it.

What are the common challenges in gardening?

Some common challenges in gardening include pests, diseases, extreme weather conditions, soil quality, and limited space.

How can I prevent pests and diseases in my garden?

To prevent pests and diseases in your garden, you can start by choosing disease-resistant plants and practicing good hygiene by regularly removing dead or diseased plants. You can also use natural deterrents such as companion planting or organic pest control methods.

What can I do to improve the quality of my soil?

There are several ways to improve the quality of your soil, such as adding compost, mulch, or organic fertilizers. You can also rotate your crops to prevent nutrient depletion and promote healthy soil.

How can I successfully grow plants in limited space?

Even with limited space, you can still have a successful garden by utilizing techniques such as vertical gardening, container gardening, and square foot gardening. These methods allow you to maximize the use of space and grow a variety of plants.

What are some tips for gardening in extreme weather conditions?

In extreme weather conditions, it is important to choose plants that are suitable for the climate and to provide them with proper care, such as watering and shading. You can also use techniques like mulching and providing windbreaks to protect your plants from harsh weather. Additionally, using raised beds can help regulate soil temperature and retain moisture in dry conditions.