What are your interests / hobbies?

• Thread starter rcgldr
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the author's life outside of work, their family and life, their hobbies, their love of music and flying simulators, and their property.
rcgldr
Homework Helper
In spite of being a programmer / engineer, I have some life outside of work:

First the family stuff, since I'm married with pet:

album.htm

Motorcycles:

Video of a few 0 to 100mph runs on a closed street:

busa.wmv

Radio control gliders:

jrartms.wmv

jr126.wmv

And being a typical male (even though 54 years old) computer games (I don't own a console though). Especially games that teach responsible driving:

n9fprw.wmv

Also a Tombraider fan:

trlbg.wmv

Physics news on Phys.org
I play two instruments. Harmonica and Keyboard. I prefer to play blues. I also like video games, working, studying stuff like politics, philosophy, history, whatever strikes my fancy that week and generaly enjoying life.

Motorcycles:

Video of a few 0 to 100mph runs on a closed street:

:approve:

I've done 0-110mph in an STi on a small one lane each way suburban residential street (25mph speed limit) of about the same length, you should be able to go much faster on a 9 second bike...Anyway, I like photography, cars, and watching TV shows and movies (occasionally).

You have some beautiful shots there Jeff.

We stay pretty busy just trying to keep up with the property and the now semi-perpetual remodeling and landscaping that started outside five years ago, and inside last year.

I still sit down and tinker on the piano now and again, but hardly ever any more. I enjoy a little air combat [flight simulator], and did the real thing once not too long ago. My first love is inventing, which I now get to do for work at times, but every once in a while I think of something that seems worthy of investigation, so when I have some free time I look into it.

Our place is set up almost like a private park and we love to spend time outside here at home. Of course we can't sit and enjoy the place without thinking of all the projects that we want to start, but can't right now... :grumpy:

Tsu would be happy if she could just garden, day and night...as long as she has a kitty or two at hand. :biggrin:

1. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?

In my free time, I enjoy a variety of activities such as reading, hiking, and playing board games. I also have a strong interest in photography and often spend time experimenting with different techniques and subjects.

2. Can you tell me about your hobbies?

Some of my hobbies include playing guitar, cooking, and learning new languages. I find these activities to be both relaxing and stimulating, and they allow me to explore different facets of my creativity.

3. What are your interests outside of work?

Outside of work, I have a passion for traveling and experiencing different cultures. I also enjoy attending concerts and music festivals, as well as trying out new restaurants and cuisines.

4. Do you have any specific hobbies or interests related to your field of study?

Yes, as a scientist, I am particularly interested in environmental conservation and sustainability. In my free time, I like to volunteer for local organizations and participate in beach cleanups and other conservation efforts.

5. How do you balance your hobbies and interests with your work as a scientist?

As a scientist, I am fortunate to have a flexible schedule that allows me to pursue my hobbies and interests outside of work. I also find that engaging in these activities helps me to maintain a healthy work-life balance and stay motivated and focused in my research.

Back