Solving for f(2+h): A Journey Through Frustration

• Thread starter ceiling cat
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the difficulties of completing a math assignment and finding the correct formula for a given problem. The participants discuss the proper format for writing fractions and eventually come to the conclusion that the formula for f(2+h) is 2+h / 3+h.
ceiling cat
:(
I already don't know how to do my first assignment.
I mean, I do, but I really don't remember how.

f(x) = x/x+1

Find f(2+h), h is nonzero.
f(2+h) = 2+h / 2+h+1
f(2+h) = 2+h / 3+h
Is this it? I don't think it is. :(

I think once I get past that, I can do it.

Physics news on Phys.org
how do you get the 3? I hope your writing your fraction properly. What does x/x mean to you. OR do you mean x/(x+1)?

Yeah, sorry. x/(x+1)

Yes. That's it.

f(2+h) = 2+h / 3+h

You should notice that h is not equal to -3 or x is not equal to -1 as x = 2+h . something over zero is meaningless.

1. What is the purpose of "Solving for f(2+h): A Journey Through Frustration"?

The purpose of "Solving for f(2+h): A Journey Through Frustration" is to help readers understand the process of solving a mathematical equation by breaking it down step by step and explaining each step in detail.

2. How is this book different from other math textbooks or guides?

This book uses a unique approach by framing the process of solving an equation as a journey through frustration, which many students can relate to. It also includes personal anecdotes and relatable examples to make the content more engaging and understandable.

3. Is this book suitable for all levels of math proficiency?

This book is geared towards those with a basic understanding of algebra and equations, but it can also be useful for those looking to improve their problem-solving skills or gain a deeper understanding of the concepts behind solving equations.

4. Can this book be used as a teaching tool in a classroom setting?

Yes, this book can be used as a teaching tool in a classroom setting. It includes exercises and practice problems for students to work through, as well as discussion questions for further understanding and application of the concepts.

5. Are there any specific prerequisites for reading this book?

A basic understanding of algebra and equations is recommended, but there are no specific prerequisites for reading this book. It is written in a clear and accessible manner for readers of various levels and backgrounds.