Volume of pressurized storage tank

In summary, the conversation discusses the relationship between pressure and volume in a tank. However, it is mentioned that pressure alone cannot determine the dimensions of a tank and more information is needed. The speaker also shares their experience with paintball and scuba tanks that can handle 500psi, but suggests using higher pressure tanks for more air capacity.
ahsuu
tell me if anyone knows that if we maintain a pressure of 500psi in the tank then what will be itz volume and dimensions

Engineering news on Phys.org
You are going to have to provide more information for anyone to help you.

That is to say, ahsuu, pressure is just force per unit area, so interior pressure alone cannot possibly determine the dimensions of a tank. There must be some other information in your problem.

I have paintball gun tanks that are 48 cubic inches that can maintain 500psi. I also have scuba tanks which can handle 500psi. What is the application?

500 psi is nothing for a compressed air tank. You should be looking at a lot higher pressure aluminum or composite tanks so you can carry more air.

FredGarvin said:
500 psi is nothing for a compressed air tank. You should be looking at a lot higher pressure aluminum or composite tanks so you can carry more air.

I know, I have 3000psi in them, I was just saying that they can hold 500psi no problem.

What is the volume of a pressurized storage tank?

The volume of a pressurized storage tank refers to the internal capacity of the tank to hold a certain amount of fluid or gas under pressure. It is typically measured in cubic feet or gallons.

How is the volume of a pressurized storage tank calculated?

The volume of a pressurized storage tank is calculated by multiplying the cross-sectional area of the tank by its height. This can be done using the formula V = πr^2h, where V is the volume, π is the mathematical constant pi, r is the radius of the tank, and h is the height.

What factors can affect the volume of a pressurized storage tank?

The volume of a pressurized storage tank can be affected by several factors, including the shape and size of the tank, the material it is made of, the pressure inside the tank, and any external forces acting on the tank.

Why is knowing the volume of a pressurized storage tank important?

Knowing the volume of a pressurized storage tank is important for several reasons. It allows for accurate measurement and monitoring of the amount of fluid or gas being stored, which is essential for safety and operational purposes. It also helps in determining the storage capacity and potential limitations of the tank.

How can the volume of a pressurized storage tank be increased?

The volume of a pressurized storage tank can be increased by either increasing the height or the diameter of the tank. However, this may also require adjustments to the pressure and other structural components of the tank to ensure safe and efficient operation.