Ghost sightings correlated to EM fields

• Thread starter Dissident Dan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Em Fields
In summary, British psychologists have found a correlation between ghost sightings and EM field variation. They believe that the ghosts are causing the EM field variation, not the other way around.

Ivan Seeking said:
While standing in line at a burger stand, I once experienced the most strange sense of change; almost like reverse déjà vu. The cause seemed very much to be some kind of external impulse, or a brief passing of something. First there was a sense of distinct change and almost a sense of motion, followed by about ten seconds of a lingering sense of strangeness...QUOTE]

Anxiety attack?
Speaking only for myself, Ivan, I've had those exact same sensations which actually landed me into the ER. The doc's told me that my extreme psychological distortion was from, in large part, by involuntary hyperventilation causing way too much oxygen in my blood.

But that's my story. Certainly may not be yours.

Physics news on Phys.org

Outside of a medically controlled environment, I would caution anyone about strapping a device on their head to alter brain-waves.

Think of it this way... a powerful electromagnet on your chest over your heart might cause fibrillation or even sudden cardiac arrest, as the hearts function requires specific electrical signal patterns to work properly, of which the external electromagnet interferes with.

Messing with the electrical patterns of the brain should be viewed with similar caution, in my opinion.

username said:
Hmm not sure but is it some sort of piss take about my post lol ?
You have to realize Earth quakes in the uk are about as common as my grandfather hallucinating. Then there's that thing with animals, but I guess that could just be the ground vibrating etc.

The UK experiences an average of around 200 earthquakes a year, counting only those which register above 1 on the magnitude scale. Your grandfather should see his doctor...