Gas turbine blades Dimentions and Design of aircraft engine

In summary, the conversation is about designing gas turbine blades for an aircraft engine, specifically finding the dimensions for CAD design and determining the number of blades needed and their speed. The suggestion is to use a NACA profile for testing and to conduct a cyclic analysis.
MecEng
Hi

I am working on gas turbine design to investigate fatigue and creep failure and i want to design gas turbine blades for aircraft engine. I need to find out the dimention for CAd design
if anyone help me that what should be the dimention of these blades and how many blades attached to roter disc. i also want to find out speed of these baldes means some calculation is well

cheers
Mac

Engineering news on Phys.org
Chances are no one is going to give you a blade profile. If you're just doing tutorials/testing, then just grab a NACA profile and extrude it up a distance that you think is reasonable. Then, model up a dummy shroud and do a cyclic analysis.

1. What is the purpose of gas turbine blades in aircraft engines?

Gas turbine blades are an essential component of aircraft engines and are responsible for converting the energy from burning fuel into mechanical energy that propels the aircraft forward. They work by compressing and expanding the air flowing through the engine, which creates the necessary thrust for flight.

2. How are the dimensions of gas turbine blades determined?

The dimensions of gas turbine blades are determined through a combination of engineering calculations and advanced computer simulations. Factors such as engine size, desired thrust output, and material properties all play a role in determining the optimal dimensions for the blades.

3. What materials are commonly used in the design of gas turbine blades?

Gas turbine blades are typically made from high-strength, heat-resistant materials such as titanium alloys or nickel-based superalloys. These materials are able to withstand the extreme temperatures and stresses present in the hot section of the engine.

4. How does the design of gas turbine blades affect engine performance?

The design of gas turbine blades has a significant impact on engine performance. Factors such as the angle of the blades, their shape, and the number of stages in the engine all affect the efficiency and power output of the engine. A well-designed blade can lead to improved fuel efficiency and greater thrust.

5. How are gas turbine blades manufactured?

Gas turbine blades are typically manufactured using advanced manufacturing techniques such as precision casting or 3D printing. These methods allow for complex blade designs to be created with high precision and accuracy, ensuring optimal performance in the engine. The blades then undergo rigorous testing and quality control measures before being installed in an aircraft engine.