Posting Image on Photofamily Thread - Problem?

• Thread starter Vance
  • Start date
In summary, the person is not allowed to post images due to the size of the image. They are also not allowed to have Norton Internet Security or any other software that blocks pop-up windows. They were able to attach the image and the problem was solved by closing the software that was blocking the attachment.
Vance
I intended to post an image in photofamily thread, I clicked Manage Attachments button and waited but there was no effect...
What might be the problem ? I am not allowed to post any images ?

Thanks,

Physics news on Phys.org
Was it too large? There is a message inside of the little attachment management box when that happens. I can't remember what the max size is, but it's fairly small.

Vance, did you remember to hit the "submit" button after you attached the image?

Thank you,

I meant when i clicked the "ManageAttachment" button, I think a message box should come up for me to browse my system directory and then up load the image but that message box didn't appear...

My image size is not large, only about 80x50.

Do you have Norton Internet Security or some other software that blocks pop-up windows? You might want to close the software for a moment while you attach the image, or add physicsforums to the safe list.

Monique said:
Do you have Norton Internet Security or some other software that blocks pop-up windows? You might want to close the software for a moment while you attach the image, or add physicsforums to the safe list.
:)

No, here is what you can see from my screen
In the additional Options, there will be
Miscellaneous Options
Attach Files
Thread subscription

In the attach File, there is only one button "manage Attachments" and that is all, no text box, no check box, nothing, yours is the same as mine right ? I tried turning off all the security options but things did't move on...

I think it is also Okay anyway, thanks everyone a lot for your help so far..
But its pitiful isn't it ? because you can't see my face, I wanted you to know...\(^.^)/ --lol

What happens when you press the 'manage attachments' button?

I wish something would happen...

Actually you should close the software that blocks pop-up windows, close all your browser windows and then reconnect to PF again.

That always does it for me for other websites.

Thanks a lot, you helped me fix that problem...

1. Why is my image not showing up on the photofamily thread?

There could be several reasons why your image is not showing up on the photofamily thread. Make sure that you have followed the correct steps for posting an image, including selecting the image file and clicking "post." Also, check the file type of your image - some platforms only support certain types of images. Additionally, make sure that the image size is not too large, as this could cause it to not display properly.

2. How do I resize my image for the photofamily thread?

To resize your image for the photofamily thread, you can use photo editing software or an online image resizer tool. Simply open the image in the software or upload it to the resizing tool, and adjust the dimensions to fit the maximum size allowed for the thread. Save the resized image and then post it on the thread.

3. Can I post multiple images on the photofamily thread?

Yes, most platforms allow users to post multiple images on a thread. However, it is important to check the guidelines of the specific platform you are using to ensure that multiple images are allowed. Some platforms may have a limit on the number of images that can be posted at one time.

4. How do I delete an image from the photofamily thread?

If you need to delete an image from the photofamily thread, you can typically do so by clicking on the image and selecting the "delete" or "remove" option. If this is not available, you may need to contact the platform's support team for assistance.

5. Will posting an image on the photofamily thread make it public?

This depends on the privacy settings of the platform and the thread itself. If the thread is public, then anyone with access to the platform can view the image. However, if the thread is set to private, only approved members of the photofamily group will be able to see the image. It is always important to check the privacy settings before posting any personal images.