Where can i find the table of gauss

In summary, the table of gauss, also known as the Gaussian distribution table, is a reference tool used for calculating probabilities in a normal distribution. It can be found in textbooks, online resources, and statistical software programs. Its purpose is to help determine the probabilities and area under the curve in a normal distribution. To read the table, one needs to know the mean and standard deviation of the distribution. Different versions may exist, but it is important to use the correct one. While it is possible to create one's own table, it is not recommended due to the complexity and time involved.
nhrock3
there is a table for standart probility
where we have an integral of exponent in x^2 power
and we can't calculate it so we use a table to get values out of it

where can i find it
?

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi nhrock3! :smile:

Try this … http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Error_function" :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
its not the correct one i need a table where f(1.65)=0.95

Scaling factor perhaps?

i don't know the english term

This is the one you need.
http://www.math.unb.ca/~knight/utility/NormTble.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Where can I find the table of gauss?

The table of gauss, also known as the Gaussian distribution table or the normal distribution table, can be found in various places such as textbooks, online resources, and statistical software programs. It is a commonly used reference tool for calculating probabilities in a normal distribution.

2. What is the purpose of the table of gauss?

The table of gauss is used to calculate the probabilities of values falling within a certain range in a normal distribution. It also helps in determining the area under the curve of the Gaussian distribution, which is useful in statistical analysis and hypothesis testing.

3. How do I read the table of gauss?

The table of gauss typically has two columns: the first column lists the standard deviations, and the second column lists the corresponding probabilities. To use the table, you need to know the mean and standard deviation of the normal distribution you are working with. Then, you can find the desired probability by matching the standard deviation value with the probability value in the table.

4. Are there different versions of the table of gauss?

Yes, different versions of the table of gauss may exist depending on the specific needs or preferences of the user. Some tables may include more decimal places or have a larger range of standard deviations listed. It is important to make sure you are using the correct version for your calculations.

5. Can I create my own table of gauss?

While it is possible to create your own table of gauss, it is not recommended as it requires advanced mathematical knowledge and can be time-consuming. It is best to use a reliable and validated table from a reputable source to ensure accuracy in your calculations.