Movement with sine acceleration

In summary, The conversation is about finding the equation for velocity depending on track for a movement with sine acceleration. The equation for acceleration is provided and the speaker has integrated it to get an equation for velocity. However, they need to solve an equation in order to express t from the equation for track and use it in the equation for velocity. They are seeking help with finding a solution for this problem.
yaqwsx
Hello,
first of all, excuse my English. I have no experience witch describing mathematics problems in English.
I have a movement with sine acceleration. I need to get equation of velocity depending on track (I am not sure if that's the right expression in English - on the traveled distance).
Here's my equation for acceleration: a = A * sin(∏*t/T)
2011_11_02_21_12_39_000000_image001_png.png

where a is acceleration, A is the maximal acceleration, t is actual time and T is the whole time of accelerating. I want to get a velocity, so I integrated this expression and added parameter c to satisfy the condition: when t = 0, v = 0. I got this equation: v = (A*T/∏)*(1-cos(pi*t/T))
2011_11_02_21_13_12_000000_image003_png.png

If I wanted dependency veleocity on time, this would be enought, but I wanted depency velocity on track, so I have integrated... s = A*T*(∏*t - T*sin(∏*t/T))/∏^2
2011_11_02_21_13_27_000000_image005_png.png

I wanted to express t from this equation and put it into expression for velocity. For that I need to solve an equation in form a*x +sin(b*x) = c, which I can't solve. And as I have read it isn't something easy...
How can I get dependency of velocity on track for this movenent? I think there has to be a simple solution, but I don't see it. Can you help me, please?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
can you just simply isolate AT from the equation for s and replace AT with it in the equation for v?

I think isolating AT won't help me - T is the whole time of accelerating - it's a constant. A is also a constnt. I need get rid of t - which is a variable and create dependency with s.

1. What is sine acceleration?

Sine acceleration is a type of acceleration that follows a sinusoidal pattern. This means that the acceleration increases and decreases in a smooth, repetitive manner, similar to the shape of a sine wave.

2. How is sine acceleration different from constant acceleration?

Sine acceleration and constant acceleration are different in that constant acceleration is a steady, unchanging increase in velocity, while sine acceleration varies in its rate of increase and decrease.

3. What are some real-world examples of movement with sine acceleration?

Some real-world examples of movement with sine acceleration include the motion of a pendulum, the movement of a spring, and the motion of a Ferris wheel.

4. How is sine acceleration calculated?

Sine acceleration can be calculated using the equation a(t) = A sin(ωt), where a(t) is the acceleration, A is the amplitude (or maximum acceleration), and ω is the angular frequency.

5. What is the relationship between sine acceleration and velocity?

The relationship between sine acceleration and velocity is that the velocity of an object experiencing sine acceleration will follow a cosine curve, with the maximum velocity occurring at the point where the acceleration is zero.