Fixing Spell Check Errors While Posting

• Thread starter Hurkyl
  • Start date
In summary, spell check errors can occur for various reasons such as misspelled words, incorrect grammar, or technical issues. Most posting platforms have an option to turn off spell check, but it is not recommended as it can lead to errors in writing. If using a mobile device, try using a third-party keyboard app with a spell check feature or adjust device settings. If spell check is not working on a browser, try clearing cache and cookies or updating to the latest version. Users can also add words to the spell check dictionary but must ensure they are correct and commonly used.
Hurkyl
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I just noticed that it doesn't appear when editing a post. :frown:

Physics news on Phys.org
Added to my list :smile:

1. Why do I keep getting spell check errors while posting?

Spell check errors can occur for a variety of reasons. It could be due to misspelled words, incorrect grammar, or even technical issues with your device or internet connection.

2. Can I turn off spell check while posting?

Most posting platforms have an option to turn off spell check. However, it is not recommended as it can lead to errors in your writing. It is best to double check your post for any mistakes before publishing.

3. How can I fix spell check errors on my mobile device?

If you are using a mobile device, you can try using a third-party keyboard app that has its own spell check feature. You can also adjust the settings on your device to enable spell check for all applications.

4. What should I do if the spell check is not working on my browser?

If spell check is not working on your browser, try clearing your cache and cookies or updating your browser to the latest version. You can also try using a different browser to see if the issue persists.

5. Can I add words to the spell check dictionary?

Yes, most spell check systems allow users to add words to their dictionary. This can be useful for specialized terms or names that are not recognized by the default spell check. However, make sure to only add words that are correct and commonly used to avoid future errors.