How to make a reconfigurable circuit

• Thread starter shaikss
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circuit
In summary, you can add a circuit that will allow you to reconfigure the rectifier to either have 2-stage or 3-stage output depending on the distance between the tag and reader.
shaikss
Hi,

I had designed a rectifier with 4 stages. I want to design a re configurable circuit in such a way that I can use either 2-stage or 3-stage of the rectifier depending upon the output voltage.
Output voltage depends on the distance between reader and tag. If both are near, then the output voltage is higher and sufficient to initialize the circuitary within the tag. So, at that instant, the output voltage at second stage is enough for me. In case, tag and reader are farther, I may need 3 stages of rectifier. Depending upon the output voltage at the second stage, I can have the flexibility to chose either second stage or the third stage. In such scenarios, please suggest me how to design a reconfigurable circuit for stage 2 and stage 3?

Engineering news on Phys.org
shaikss said:
Hi,

I had designed a rectifier with 4 stages. I want to design a re configurable circuit in such a way that I can use either 2-stage or 3-stage of the rectifier depending upon the output voltage.
Output voltage depends on the distance between reader and tag. If both are near, then the output voltage is higher and sufficient to initialize the circuitary within the tag. So, at that instant, the output voltage at second stage is enough for me. In case, tag and reader are farther, I may need 3 stages of rectifier. Depending upon the output voltage at the second stage, I can have the flexibility to chose either second stage or the third stage. In such scenarios, please suggest me how to design a reconfigurable circuit for stage 2 and stage 3?

What do you mean by "stages" in a rectifier? Are you using something like the Cockcroft-Walton multiplier?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockcroft–Walton_generator

Last edited by a moderator:
berkeman said:
What do you mean by "stages" in a rectifier? Are you using something like the Cockcroft-Walton multiplier?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockcroft–Walton_generator

I have attached the circuit. Now, tell me what circuit can be added so that I can reconfigure the circuit either to 3-stage or 4-stage.

Attachments

• circuit.png
    circuit.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 441
Last edited by a moderator:

1. How does a reconfigurable circuit work?

A reconfigurable circuit is a type of integrated circuit that can be programmed or reprogrammed to perform different functions. This is achieved through the use of configurable logic blocks, which can be connected in various ways to create different logic functions.

2. What are the advantages of using a reconfigurable circuit?

One of the main advantages of a reconfigurable circuit is its flexibility. It can be reprogrammed to perform different functions, allowing for more efficient use of hardware resources. It also allows for faster development and prototyping of new designs, as well as easier debugging and testing.

3. How is a reconfigurable circuit different from a traditional fixed-function circuit?

A traditional fixed-function circuit is designed to perform a specific function, and its hardware is permanently configured to do so. In contrast, a reconfigurable circuit can be programmed to perform different functions, making it more versatile and adaptable to changing needs.

4. What are some common applications of reconfigurable circuits?

Reconfigurable circuits are commonly used in a variety of fields, such as telecommunications, aerospace, and consumer electronics. They are particularly well-suited for applications that require high performance, flexibility, and rapid prototyping, such as signal processing, image and video processing, and wireless communication.

5. How can I learn more about designing and implementing reconfigurable circuits?

There are many resources available to help you learn about reconfigurable circuits, including online tutorials, textbooks, and courses. Additionally, most FPGA (Field-Programmable Gate Array) manufacturers offer development kits and tools that can assist with the design and implementation process.