Jackson's Electrodynmics Online?

• Thread starter ucclarke
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for an internet site or alternative resource to read JD Jackson's Electrodynamics. They mention the importance of finding related readings quickly due to references they have, but have been unsuccessful in their search on Google. They also mention the strict copyright laws surrounding this book and suggest that libraries should have it. They also note that while there are lecture notes available online, they are not as good as the book.
ucclarke
hi, this is my very first post here

I want to ask if anybody knows an internet site or sth similar to read JD Jackson's Electrodynamics?
it is so vital for me to find related readings in that book as fast as possible due to my references at hand but it was highly futile searching it over google

Physics news on Phys.org
Nah,you wouldn't get that lucky to find someone so dumb.The copyright laws are pretty strict.There are years in jail for this...

Sides,i think that each respectable library should have it.

There are a ton of lecture notes online on Edyn,sure,none of them as good as the book.

Daniel.

Hello! I am not familiar with a specific website that offers Jackson's Electrodynamics online, but there are a few options you could try. First, you could check your university's library website as they may have an online version available for students. You could also try searching for an e-book version on websites like Amazon or Google Books. Another option would be to reach out to your professor or classmates to see if they have a digital copy that they could share with you. I hope you are able to find what you need quickly! Best of luck with your studies.

1. What is the purpose of "Jackson's Electrodynamics Online?"

The purpose of "Jackson's Electrodynamics Online" is to provide an online resource for studying and understanding the principles and applications of classical electrodynamics. It includes interactive simulations, visualizations, and problem-solving tools to help users grasp the concepts and equations presented in Jackson's textbook on electrodynamics.

2. How is "Jackson's Electrodynamics Online" different from other online resources for studying electrodynamics?

"Jackson's Electrodynamics Online" is unique in that it is specifically designed to accompany the textbook "Classical Electrodynamics" by John David Jackson. It includes interactive components that align with the material in the textbook and allow users to apply the concepts they are learning in a hands-on way. Other online resources may offer general information and tutorials on electrodynamics, but may not be tailored to a specific textbook or offer interactive features.

3. Is "Jackson's Electrodynamics Online" suitable for beginners in electrodynamics?

No, "Jackson's Electrodynamics Online" is not suitable for beginners. It is designed to supplement a comprehensive textbook on classical electrodynamics, so users should have a solid understanding of the fundamental principles and equations before using this resource. It may be more beneficial for intermediate or advanced students looking to reinforce their understanding or solve more complex problems.

4. Are there any fees associated with using "Jackson's Electrodynamics Online"?

Yes, there is a fee for accessing "Jackson's Electrodynamics Online." However, this fee is typically included in the purchase of the textbook "Classical Electrodynamics" by John David Jackson. Users can also purchase a standalone access code for the online resource if they do not have the textbook.

5. Can "Jackson's Electrodynamics Online" be used on mobile devices?

Yes, "Jackson's Electrodynamics Online" is compatible with most mobile devices. However, some features may not be fully functional on smaller screens. It is recommended to use a desktop or laptop computer for the best experience, but the online resource can be accessed and used on a mobile device if needed.