Troubleshooting Can't Load PF Home Page

• Thread starter jtbell
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of loading or reloading the PF home page, with the users experiencing long wait times and errors. They mention using different browsers and operating systems, and also mention issues with a specific RSS feed causing problems on the website. One user mentions disabling the feature and checking back later.
jtbell
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Whenever I try to load or reload the PF home page, I wait and wait and wait and...

However, I can click links on my cached copy of the home page and enter individual forums and threads OK, and I can post.

I'm using Firefox 31.0 and Safari 7.0.6 on Mac OS 10.9.4.

Physics news on Phys.org
If loads eventually for me in FF 31, but with pile of errors at the top of the page:
Code:
Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution in [path]/includes/init.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 365

Warning: file_get_contents([PLAIN][PLAIN]http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/multimedia/rss/news.xml)[/PLAIN] [/PLAIN] [/PLAIN] [/PLAIN]  [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution in [path]/includes/init.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 365

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution in [path]/includes/init.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 365

Warning: file_get_contents([PLAIN][PLAIN]http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/multimedia/rss/news.xml)[/PLAIN] [/PLAIN] [/PLAIN] [/PLAIN]  [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution in [path]/includes/init.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 365

Last edited by a moderator:
NASA must be doing something on their side. It's messing up the RSS feed. I disabled the feature for now and will try it again later.

Yeah, I had the same problem. Good to see you're on it, Greg.

What could be causing my "Troubleshooting Can't Load PF Home Page" issue?

There are several possible reasons for this problem. It could be due to a slow internet connection, server issues, compatibility issues with your browser, or a problem with the website itself.

How can I fix the issue of not being able to load the PF home page?

First, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, then reloading the page. If that doesn't work, try using a different browser or device. If the issue persists, it may be a problem with the website, and you can contact the website's support team for further assistance.

Why can't I access the PF home page on my mobile device?

There could be several reasons for this issue. It could be due to a poor internet connection, compatibility issues with your device, or a problem with the website's mobile version. Try clearing your device's cache and cookies, and make sure you have a stable internet connection. If the issue continues, contact the website's support team for help.

Is there a known issue with the PF home page not loading?

It's possible that there could be a widespread issue with the PF website, causing the home page to not load. You can check the website's social media pages or community forums to see if other users are experiencing the same problem. If so, the website is likely aware of the issue and working to resolve it.

What can I do if I still can't load the PF home page after trying everything?

If none of the above solutions work, you can try restarting your device, clearing your DNS cache, or contacting your internet service provider to see if there are any known issues on their end. If the problem persists, you may need to seek help from a technical expert or the website's support team for further assistance.