Where can I find a Calculus book with extensive exercises?

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for a Calculus book focused on exercises rather than theory, specifically for the topics of double, triple, surface, and line integrals. Suggestions for Schaum's books and checking Amazon are given, as well as the difficulty of finding these types of books in bookstores.
C0nfused
Hi everybody,
I am searching for a Calculus book that is focused on exercises and not on theory. I am studying multivariable functions and I need a book with lots of solved exercises. I especially want to focus on the double,triple,surface and line integrals. Any suggestions??
Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
schaum's probably has a book like that. schaum's books are cheap too

Thanks for your answer. Schaum's "Calculus" and "Advanced Calculus" seem to me quite good. But you know, many topics are explained in them so there are not many solved exercises. I actually want a book about integrals, methods of integration etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your suggestions devious. I hadn't checked Amazon because I have never bought anything online but I think I will start. They seem to be what I am looking for, and in my country i can't find anything like that in bookstores.(except from "Calculus" by Schaum)

Thanks again for your help

C0nfused said:
and in my country i can't find anything like that in bookstores.
I know what you mean.. :/

1. What are calculus exercises used for?

Calculus exercises are used to help students practice and develop their understanding of mathematical concepts and problem-solving skills related to calculus.

2. Where can I find calculus exercises?

Calculus exercises can be found in textbooks, online resources, or created by teachers. Some popular online resources include Khan Academy, Pauls Online Math Notes, and MIT OpenCourseWare.

3. How do I know if I am solving calculus exercises correctly?

You can check your answers with the solutions provided in the textbook or online resource you are using. You can also ask your teacher or a tutor for feedback on your solutions.

4. Are there different types of calculus exercises?

Yes, there are various types of calculus exercises, including differentiation, integration, optimization, and related rates. They may also involve applications in different fields such as physics, economics, and engineering.

5. How often should I practice calculus exercises?

It is recommended to practice calculus exercises regularly, at least a few times a week. This will help you develop a strong understanding of the concepts and improve your problem-solving skills.