What are some recommended audio/video resources for learning physics?

In summary, the conversation discusses various sources for finding audio and video resources on physics, specifically the Feynman Lectures on Physics. The quality of the audio lectures on Feynman is noted to be poor in some editions, but the accompanying book is recommended. Recommendations for finding the lectures include searching on Amazon, checking with a physics instructor, and using p2p programs or websites such as suprnova.org or EasyNews. A caution is given to be careful not to download any content that is not owned.
thermonuclear
Anybody here knows the audio collection of the Feynman Lectures on Physics?

Anyway, I'm trying to find other audio/video resources on physics. Any recommendations?

BR.

Physics news on Phys.org
I know about the audio lectures on Feynman's Lectures on Physics, but the audio quality, (in the local library's edition at least) was so poor that I returned it soon. The accompanying book is good though.

Try searching on Amazon.com. The library may be good too.

Feyman is definitely one of the few greats of our time. My physic's instructor has his lecture notes in his office - I will check and see if there is a CD with them and I will download Wednsday.

Nautica

It was noted in this thread that the lectures can mostly be obtained through usenet; specifically, they are (or at least were) available in the alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.spoken-word newsgroup. I was able to amass almost all of the lectures in short order with an EasyNews account. Alternatively, you can partly satiate your desire for Feynman musings by viewing http://www.vega.org.uk/series/lectures/feynman/index.html .

Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are available on suprnova.org, you use a program called Azereus to download them.
Be careful not to download any of the other content that you don't own though.

Example 1

Last edited by a moderator:
how long ago did you find them on suprnova.org? i looked there and couldn't find it?

I have 15 Lectures of Feynman where I downloaded from Emule, contact me in MSN: futb0l@bigfoot.com for more info.

1. What is the purpose of lectures on physics (audio)?

The purpose of lectures on physics (audio) is to provide an additional way for individuals to learn and understand complex physics concepts. It allows for a more engaging and interactive experience, as listeners can pause, rewind, and replay the lectures as needed.

2. Who can benefit from lectures on physics (audio)?

Anyone with an interest in physics can benefit from lectures on physics (audio). It can be especially helpful for students, as it provides a different approach to learning and can supplement traditional classroom lectures and textbooks.

3. Are the lectures on physics (audio) suitable for beginners?

Yes, many lectures on physics (audio) are designed for beginners and cover foundational topics. However, it is recommended to have some basic knowledge of physics before listening to these lectures.

4. How can I access lectures on physics (audio)?

Lectures on physics (audio) can be accessed through various platforms, such as online streaming services, educational websites, and podcasts. They can also be purchased as audio downloads or physical CDs.

5. Can lectures on physics (audio) replace traditional classroom lectures?

No, lectures on physics (audio) should not replace traditional classroom lectures. They can be used as a supplement or review, but they do not provide the same level of interaction and hands-on learning as in-person lectures.