Magnetic fields & induced current.

In summary, the speed at which a magnet passes through a coil does affect the amount of electromagnetic induction. Increasing the speed will result in an increase in voltage or emf, which in turn increases the current. This is due to Ohm's Law, which states that a higher voltage leads to a higher current when resistance is constant.
bayan
would increasing the speed at which magnet passes through a coil Increase,Reduce or does not change the amount of electromagnetic induction?

cheers

personally I would go with increase but want to see if I am right

Physics news on Phys.org
Well... what do you base your answer on?

Doc Al said:
Well... what do you base your answer on?

I had it all wrong :redface:

I though the question was like a DC generator.

I know what it mean and the only effect it would have is the emf value, not the current.

Thanx for askin what I base my answer on, it made me re-read the question on the past exams and now I understand. Maybe I shouldn't do homework at 2:20 :rofl:

the answer is Increase but why? if it moves faster it will have greater emf which is Voltage how does it increase the amount of ElectroMagnetic Induction? isn't amount of ElectroMagnetic induction Current?

can someone clarify this please.

thanx

bayan said:
I know what it mean and the only effect it would have is the emf value, not the current.

Well, what does the emf value mean? You already mentioned it's voltage.
Now suppose the wire/the coil has a constant resistance (which is a pretty good approximation if you're not running gigantic currents through it): What will happen? You do know Ohm's Law, right?

Here's the answer in white, in case you won't find it out:
You should be easily able to see (using V=R*I) that a higher voltage also leads to a higher current!

Regards...Cliowa

Thanks mate.

1. What is a magnetic field?

A magnetic field is a region in space where a magnetic force can be detected. It is created by moving electric charges and can interact with other magnetic fields and electric currents.

2. How is a magnetic field created?

A magnetic field is created by moving electric charges, such as electrons, within a material. This can occur naturally in objects like magnets or can be induced by an external source, such as an electric current.

3. How do magnetic fields interact with electric currents?

Magnetic fields can induce an electric current in a conductor when the magnetic field changes in strength or direction. This is known as electromagnetic induction and is the basis for many technologies, such as generators and transformers.

4. What is the difference between a permanent magnet and an electromagnet?

A permanent magnet is a material that produces its own magnetic field, while an electromagnet is created by passing an electric current through a wire. Unlike a permanent magnet, the strength of an electromagnet can be controlled by adjusting the amount of current flowing through the wire.

5. How are magnetic fields used in everyday life?

Magnetic fields are used in a variety of everyday devices, such as MRI machines, speakers, and credit cards. They are also essential in generating electricity through power plants and in transportation systems like trains and cars.