Map Out Where You Live: Find Friends Near You

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Map
In summary, the conversation centered around the website Frapper, which allows users to add themselves to a map by entering their screen name and zip code. Some users were unable to use the site due to technical difficulties, while others discussed their locations and potential meetups. One user expressed concern about sharing personal information and instead entered a dream location. Another user mentioned the length of a state's name and a possible meetup with other forum members.
Pengwuino said:
Oh wow this is friggen awesome!
http://www.risingconcepts.com/frapper/physicsforums
You just type in your screen name and zip code and you're put on the map! Now we can see where everyone lives :)
I just couldn't bring myself to typing my zip code into a public forum. Call me crazy. So I put myself in my dream city instead. I hope you don't mind. Hey, I could live there someday, you know? And you could stay over if you ever made it down that far.

Physics news on Phys.org
wolram said:
Frapper has put me in the US, how can i change it :confused:
Why would you want to change it? You are so lucky! It put you in the state with the longest state name in the United States!

mattmns said:
Hmm, Pengwuino and I live closest to yomamma, I think it may be our job to get rid of him for the sake of PF :smile:
Say ello to my little friend!

yomamma said:
I live in McCormick ranch but I go to school at Ingleside Middle School (SUSD)
Well, hope you're having a SUSY day!

Mk said:
Say ello to my little friend!

Well, hope you're having a SUSY day!
?:confused:

pattylou said:
I just couldn't bring myself to typing my zip code into a public forum. Call me crazy. So I put myself in my dream city instead. I hope you don't mind. Hey, I could live there someday, you know? And you could stay over if you ever made it down that far.
If you click "Not in the US" you can search by city, if that's vague enough. How specific is a zip code anyway? If it's anything like UK postcodes I sure as hell wouldn't put mine in either.

matthyaouw said:
If it's anything like UK postcodes I sure as hell wouldn't put mine in either.

I don't nkow what your system is but sounds like its a bit like the US's. A zip code where i live (in a city) is like 6 square miles or so

Not quite as accurate as a UK one then. A uk one represents a street, just part of one, or sometimes just a single property. Still, I can see why someone would be uncomfortable putting theirs on t'internet.

Strange map - Nottingham and Newcastle aren't important enough to get on it, but Thetford is :smile:

edit - ok it is when I zoom in about 9 times :smile:

Last edited:
Neat thingy! I can see my house! :approve:

Wow the zoom is actually pretty cool :cool:

edit - whoops, now there's two of me...

Last edited:
goddamn frapper messed up my bass:mad: It should look like this
..___///_.../
/o... \//
)____ __/\\
...\\...\
crap, i just added the fish again and now it looks completely retarded; guess that's fitting:rolleyes:

Last edited:
My house doesn't show up, I'm having trouble finding it since google has renamed everything unnamed roads.

That maps awsome, I can see my street! (granted, it's a pretty major street)

Neat! Not new but neat just the same. Cool to see who's near and far location wise since we're all so near through PF :cool: