Online Dating: Stories, Thoughts & Experiences

• Thread starter Mk
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thoughts
In summary, online dating can be useful for meeting compatible individuals. However, it is often seen as a waste of time by people who are familiar with the local dating scene.
siddharth said:
With the number of ads in the newspapers for "fair, slim, tall, well employed but home-loving", it's a wonder that there's any genetic diversity.

LOL:rofl:

Perhaps human evolution will now be shaped by online romance seekers favoring certain genetic traits above others. Weirdness seems to be favored by PF women.:smile:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Type 7 said:
Weirdness seems to be favored by PF women.:smile:
:rofl: That's so true! I couldn't stand being with someone straightlaced and middle of the road. In other words...BORING.

Last edited:
to bad your to old for me, i'd ROCK your world!

:tongue2:

*quickly closes cave door*

o:)

light_bulb said:
to bad your to old for me, i'd ROCK your world!

:tongue2:

*quickly closes cave door*

o:)
OLD?:grumpy: OLD? :devil:

Dang young whipper snappers. Come here so I can smack you with my cane. :mad:

I never looked for a date amongs people whom I meet online since I'm so skeptical of them.(the majority of them sounds crazy since I'm great at attracting weird people around myself)

But anyway I've finally met my soulmate in a chatroom!:blushing:

Lisa! said:
I never looked for a date amongs people whom I meet online since I'm so skeptical of them.(the majority of them sounds crazy since I'm great at attracting weird people around myself)

Lisa! That's so great, I'm glad to hear that!

Last edited:
Evo said:
OLD?:grumpy: OLD? :devil:

Dang young whipper snappers. Come here so I can smack you with my cane. :mad:

:rofl: :tongue2:

Lisa! said:

I wouldn't like to sound discouraging, but I've met ~15 soulmates in chatrooms in a certain period of my life.

Didn't meet a soulmate in my real life, though. :rolleyes:

Evo said:
Lisa! That's so great, I'm glad to hear that!

Thanks!:smile: Very nice of you, Evo.

radou said:
I wouldn't like to sound discouraging, but I've met ~15 soulmates in chatrooms in a certain period of my life.

Didn't meet a soulmate in my real life, though. :rolleyes:

hmmm...not discouraging at all since I'm confident on my claim this time!:wink: Although I've met plenty of people both on net and real life, I've never felt this way about any of them.

Lisa! said:
Although I've met plenty of people both on net and real life, I've never felt this way about any of them.

I said that every single time out of these total 15. :biggrin:

Then again, I hope you and me differ. Good luck! :wink:

radou said:
I said that every single time out of these total 15. :biggrin:

Then again, I hope you and me differ. Good luck! :wink:
:rofl: :rofl:

I knew you were going to say that!:biggrin:
hmmm... you know I think both of us are mature enough to realize whether we are right for each other or not.(I'm 24 and he's 28, although you can't say someone is mature becuase of his age. I just mention that to say we are not teenagers:rofl:)
It's been for more than 6 months since the 1st time we've met in a chatroom.(After a while we just realized that we have some mutual friends) We have so many things in common and share same interests. But what reallt attracts us to each other is our honesty, and craziness.
Anyway I never make a big deal of anything in my life, so that I just wait to see how things work out. But I'll have to admit that I'm so happy to see there's someone who's just as crazy as me!:smile:

Good luck too!

Lisa! said:
:rofl: :rofl:

I knew you were going to say that!:biggrin:
hmmm... you know I think both of us are mature enough to realize whether we are right for each other or not.(I'm 24 and he's 28, although you can't say someone is mature becuase of his age. I just mention that to say we are not teenagers:rofl:)

I have a theory that all of us actually stay in our teens most of our lives. :wink:

Lisa! said:
Anyway I never make a big deal of anything in my life, so that I just wait to see how things work out.

That's a good attitude.

Lisa! said:
But what reallt attracts us to each other is our honesty, and craziness.

Lisa! said:
But I'll have to admit that I'm so happy to see there's someone who's just as crazy as me!:smile:

What's that craziness thing actually all about? :confused: :smile:

radou said:
I have a theory that all of us actually stay in our teens most of our lives. :wink:
You're theory couldn't be true about us since I think both of us have stayed in our childhood!:rofl:

That's a good attitude.
That's 1 of the things I like about him and he likes about me.:wink:

What's that craziness thing actually all about? :confused: :smile:
I'm not sure if I'd be able to explain it to you! Just to say that our interests, ideas, dreams and personalities is quite different from many of people around us.

Have you met him in person yet, Lisa? Does he live near you?

Lisa! said:
It's been for more than 6 months since the 1st time we've met in a chatroom.(After a while we just realized that we have some mutual friends) We have so many things in common and share same interests. But what really attracts us to each other is our honesty, and craziness.

Anyway I never make a big deal of anything in my life, so that I just wait to see how things work out. But I'll have to admit that I'm so happy to see there's someone who's just as crazy as me! :smile:

Good luck too!
Congratulations, Lisa! ! :smile: That's wonderful. About the crazy - I would have never guessed. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:
Have you met him in person yet, Lisa?
Yep and luckily my nose hasn't caused any problem!:rofl:
Does he live near you?
He lives near 1 of my close relatives!

Astronuc said:
Congratulations, Lisa! ! :smile: That's wonderful.
Thank you very much!:smile:
About the crazy - I would have never guessed. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

Perhaps that's becuase I rarely speak my mind to you!:tongue:

Last edited:
Lisa! said:
Yep and luckily my nose hasn't caused any problem!

He lives near 1 of my close relatives!
Cool. But does he know Rumi and Sa'di (or Saadi)?

Lisa! said:
Math Is Hard said:
Have you met him in person yet, Lisa?
Yep and luckily my nose hasn't caused any problem!:rofl:

Oh, that's great! Congrats! :smile: I'm glad MIH asked, because I thought I'd reserve my congrats until you met him in person and not just on chat.

Astronuc said:
Cool. But does he know Rumi and Sa'di (or Saadi)?
Yeas, he does! But anyway he has to sing Hafez's poems for me since he's my favorite poeto:)

Moonbear said:
Oh, that's great! Congrats! :smile: I'm glad MIH asked, because I thought I'd reserve my congrats until you met him in person and not just on chat.

Thank you, Moonbear!:smile:

<h2>1. What are some common success stories from online dating?</h2><p>Many people have found their long-term partners and even gotten married through online dating. Some success stories include couples who met on dating apps and websites and have been together for years, as well as couples who met through mutual friends on social media platforms.</p><h2>2. How do I stay safe while online dating?</h2><p>It is important to always be cautious and use your best judgment when online dating. This includes not sharing personal information too quickly, meeting in a public place for the first few dates, and trusting your instincts if something feels off. It is also a good idea to do some research on the person you are talking to and to let a friend or family member know about your plans.</p><h2>3. What are some common pitfalls of online dating?</h2><p>Some common pitfalls of online dating include encountering fake profiles, getting ghosted or stood up, and dealing with rejection. It is also important to be aware of potential catfishing or scams. It is important to stay positive and not take rejection personally, as it is a natural part of the dating process.</p><h2>4. How do I make a good impression on someone I meet through online dating?</h2><p>First and foremost, be yourself and be honest. It is important to also have a positive attitude and be respectful and kind. Show genuine interest in the person you are talking to and ask thoughtful questions. Make an effort to plan a fun and unique first date to make a good impression.</p><h2>5. Is online dating only for younger people?</h2><p>No, online dating is not just for younger people. There are many dating apps and websites that cater to a wide range of ages and interests. In fact, many older adults have found success in online dating and it can be a great way to meet new people and potentially find a long-term partner at any age.</p>

1. What are some common success stories from online dating?

Many people have found their long-term partners and even gotten married through online dating. Some success stories include couples who met on dating apps and websites and have been together for years, as well as couples who met through mutual friends on social media platforms.

2. How do I stay safe while online dating?

It is important to always be cautious and use your best judgment when online dating. This includes not sharing personal information too quickly, meeting in a public place for the first few dates, and trusting your instincts if something feels off. It is also a good idea to do some research on the person you are talking to and to let a friend or family member know about your plans.

3. What are some common pitfalls of online dating?

Some common pitfalls of online dating include encountering fake profiles, getting ghosted or stood up, and dealing with rejection. It is also important to be aware of potential catfishing or scams. It is important to stay positive and not take rejection personally, as it is a natural part of the dating process.

4. How do I make a good impression on someone I meet through online dating?

First and foremost, be yourself and be honest. It is important to also have a positive attitude and be respectful and kind. Show genuine interest in the person you are talking to and ask thoughtful questions. Make an effort to plan a fun and unique first date to make a good impression.

5. Is online dating only for younger people?

No, online dating is not just for younger people. There are many dating apps and websites that cater to a wide range of ages and interests. In fact, many older adults have found success in online dating and it can be a great way to meet new people and potentially find a long-term partner at any age.