An integral for rotational movement equations

In summary, the conversation discusses a mistake made while working with rotational movement equations and asks for clarification on the correct solution. The conversation also includes a thank you for the help given.
Solar Eclipse
Im talking calc and physics in high school right now and I was bored and messed with my formulas but I need some help now.It's for rotational movement.
If I have [tex]\varpi[/tex]d[tex]\varpi[/tex]=[tex]\alpha[/tex]d[tex]\theta[/tex] and then I take the integral will it be ([tex]\varpi[/tex]^2)/2 = [tex]\alpha\theta[/tex] or did I do it all wrong?

Physics news on Phys.org
Solar Eclipse said:
If I have [tex]\varpi[/tex]d[tex]\varpi[/tex]=[tex]\alpha[/tex]d[tex]\theta[/tex] and then I take the integral will it be ([tex]\varpi[/tex]^2)/2 = [tex]\alpha\theta[/tex] or did I do it all wrong?

Hi Solar Eclipse! :smile:

(have an omega: ω and an alpha: α and a theta: θ :wink:)

Yes, that's fine, if α is a constant, of course (except you left out the "+ C"! :wink:) …

d(something) works the same no matter what the something is, and no matter whether you have d(something-else)s in the same equation. :smile:

awesome thank you for the help.

What is an integral for rotational movement equations?

An integral for rotational movement equations is a mathematical tool used to calculate the total change in angular position or velocity of a rotating object over a certain time period.

Why is an integral important for rotational motion?

An integral is important for rotational motion because it allows us to accurately calculate and predict the behavior of rotating objects, such as the angular displacement, velocity, and acceleration.

How is an integral used in rotational motion equations?

An integral is used in rotational motion equations by integrating the rotational acceleration or velocity with respect to time to find the angular displacement or velocity, respectively.

What are some common applications of an integral in rotational motion?

An integral is commonly used in a variety of fields, including physics, engineering, and robotics, to analyze and design rotating systems such as gears, motors, and turbines.

What are the limitations of using an integral for rotational motion?

One limitation of using an integral for rotational motion is that it assumes a constant angular acceleration, which may not always be the case in real-world situations. Additionally, it can be challenging to accurately measure and account for external forces that may affect the rotation of an object.