Predicting the End: The Scientific Truth Behind the Rapture

• Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
In summary, Rhody is worried that the rapture will happen and he's not fit for heaven, Valhalla, or the Christian heaven. He's also worried that he won't be able to attend the rapture chat because he has a meeting at 6pm. At the chat, he's excited to see which members disappear at 6PM, just a scientific experiment. He's out of the chat at the end because he's going to a meeting. There will be a radio show about the rapture tomorrow, and Rhody hopes to hear it online. He loves levitating and doesn't like the feeling of not being able to breathe or bumping his
turbo
Gold Member
I sure hope so, so we can see which members disappear at 6PM local time. Just a scientific experiment...

Physics news on Phys.org
Planning on it.

I wonder what the nut predicting this will say when he's still here tomorrow.

Oh not just me and Jimmy. Poor guy can't stand me. :rofl:

turbo-1 said:
I sure hope so, so we can see which members disappear at 6PM local time. Just a scientific experiment...

You're going before me. By two hours anyway. :smile:

I'd love to attend the rapture chat but... I have a meeting at 6pm I need to attend... somewhere very far away.

dlgoff said:
You're going before me. By two hours anyway. :smile:
I might invoke the revocation of Daylight Savings Time, cheating you of that extra hour.

Who am I kidding? I'm not fit for the Christian heaven! Valhalla, perhaps...

turbo-1 said:

Rhody facepalms... now why didn't I think of that !

I must be pretty out-of-the-loop. What is this about?

Dembadon said:
I must be pretty out-of-the-loop. What is this about?

You're out of here buddy. :devil:

0520-AENDOFWORLD-Judgement-Day_full_380.jpg

Awesome practical joke our Christian friends could pull. What if, starting at 6PM tomorrow, every last one of them stopped answering their phones & email and left the city for 24 hours? Start the rest of us sweating for a while wouldn't it?

'Guys? Hello, guys? ... uh oh ...'

Now, now, calling it rapture chat would be to religious for this chat. We all agreed we would have a homework helper appreciation-chat tomorrow. :wink:

DaveC426913 said:
Awesome practical joke our Christian friends could pull. What if, starting at 6PM tomorrow, every last one of them stopped answering their phones & email and left the city for 24 hours? Start the rest of us sweating for a while wouldn't it?

'Guys? Hello, guys? ... uh oh ...'

Hell. I thought it was happening yesterday when I couldn't get into PF.

btw That's why I haven't log out since.

Noooooooooo! I don't want to leave my piano behind, and my garden isn't planted yet! Nooooooooooooooo I can't gooooooooooooo! But I am so worthy!

see you guys next week!

dlgoff said:

Ahhh, gotcha. But, where am I going?

I asked Greg and he didn't say no, so I guess that we're on.

What time should we start?

Ms Music said:
Noooooooooo! I don't want to leave my piano behind, and my garden isn't planted yet! Nooooooooooooooo I can't gooooooooooooo! But I am so worthy!
You've got 22 hours to become unworthy.

I might consider waiving my usual fee for an adulterous tryst.

But only as a favour.

Dembadon said:
Ahhh, gotcha. But, where am I going?
Into eternal rupture? Ow!

Evo said:
I asked Greg and he didn't say no, so I guess that we're on.

What time should we start?

Yeeeey! Thank you Greg! Thank you Evo! :biggrin:
At least I won't be alone when I get raptured o:)

Start at 4 or 5pm?

Borek, Andre, and others will be missing if we wait tool late.

Shall we make it 11am CST? That's 5pm Western Europe.

Well, I meant 5pm in my timezone :biggrin: I forgot that we all have different times here...

micromass said:
Now, now, calling it rapture chat would be to religious for this chat.
No it wouldn't:wink:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHCdS7O248g
BTW is that Flavor Flav in the beginning? Where is his clock?

HeLiXe said:
No it wouldn't:wink:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHCdS7O248g
BTW is that Flavor Flav in the beginning? Where is his clock?

Oh, right! So we're just going to have a chat to celebrate Blondie :biggrin:

dlgoff said:

If it is supposed to happen at 6, shouldn't the radio show go from 5-6 not 5-7? :uhh:

And BTW, didn't that guy just release his book? That's just poor marketing - he should have given it at least a year. Think of all the paperback sales he's going to lose!

[/ghostbusters]

russ_watters said:
If it is supposed to happen at 6, shouldn't the radio show go from 5-6 not 5-7? :uhh:

And BTW, didn't that guy just release his book? That's just poor marketing - he should have given it at least a year. Think of all the paperback sales he's going to lose!

[/ghostbusters]

Wait, there's going to be a radio show about this? Any chance they'll play it on the internet? I would love to hear them at 6pm! :smile:

I'm feeling light-headed. A couple of times today I levitated just a little bit. I had to put a seat belt on my chair just to finish work. It's getting worse.

Where can I get some ankle weights?

Math Is Hard said:
I'm feeling light-headed. A couple of times today I levitated just a little bit. I had to put a seat belt on my chair just to finish work. It's getting worse.

I love levitating. I don't like bumping my head, though.

Eek! It looks like it's already http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/" [Broken] almost everywhere except here. :bugeye:

cq. cq. please come back... :shy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Math Is Hard said:

Light headed? You weren't trying to http://www.snopes.com/religion/rapture.asp" [Broken] were you? :mad:

Do not inhale the helium! Do not drink the koolaid! And for god sakes, do not eat the purple dots!

Trust me.

Use sunscreen.

:wink::cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
russ_watters said:

You can always tell a good engineer by his ability for seeing the details. :!)

Math Is Hard said:

:rofl:

dlgoff said:
You can always tell a good engineer by his ability for seeing the details. :!)

But if this were so he would notice that the radio program was Monday through Friday.

micromass said:
Oh, right! So we're just going to have a chat to celebrate Blondie :biggrin:
Or Flayva Flav:uhh:

Math Is Hard said:

TOTAL opposite for me. :shy: so many times in the last few days I have gotten myself tangled in something or tripped falling flat. The worst was when I went to catch someone who was feeling light headed and after lowering him to the floor I find a 250 lb man laying face up, out cold on top of me. I don't think I'm going any where but then I didn't buy a ticket either. Have fun all. :rolleyes:

jhae2.718 said:
Planning on it.

I wonder what the nut predicting this will say when he's still here tomorrow.

It's like entering the event horizon. Nothing noticeable happens.

<h2>1. What is the scientific explanation for the concept of the Rapture?</h2><p>The concept of the Rapture is a religious belief that is not supported by scientific evidence. It is based on the idea that believers will be taken up to heaven before a period of tribulation on Earth. However, there is no scientific basis for this belief and it is not a topic that is studied or researched by scientists.</p><h2>2. Can science predict when the Rapture will occur?</h2><p>No, science cannot predict when the Rapture will occur. The concept of the Rapture is based on religious beliefs and is not something that can be predicted or studied scientifically. It is not a topic that is within the realm of science.</p><h2>3. Is there any evidence to support the idea of the Rapture?</h2><p>There is no scientific evidence to support the idea of the Rapture. It is a religious belief and is not something that can be studied or proven using the scientific method. Therefore, it is not a topic that is supported by scientific research or evidence.</p><h2>4. Are there any scientific theories that could explain the concept of the Rapture?</h2><p>No, there are no scientific theories that could explain the concept of the Rapture. The idea of the Rapture is a religious belief and is not something that can be explained or studied using scientific theories. It is not a topic that is within the realm of science.</p><h2>5. How do scientists view the concept of the Rapture?</h2><p>Scientists do not view the concept of the Rapture as a scientific topic. It is a religious belief and is not something that is studied or researched by scientists. Therefore, it is not a topic that is viewed or discussed within the scientific community.</p>

1. What is the scientific explanation for the concept of the Rapture?

The concept of the Rapture is a religious belief that is not supported by scientific evidence. It is based on the idea that believers will be taken up to heaven before a period of tribulation on Earth. However, there is no scientific basis for this belief and it is not a topic that is studied or researched by scientists.

2. Can science predict when the Rapture will occur?

No, science cannot predict when the Rapture will occur. The concept of the Rapture is based on religious beliefs and is not something that can be predicted or studied scientifically. It is not a topic that is within the realm of science.

3. Is there any evidence to support the idea of the Rapture?

There is no scientific evidence to support the idea of the Rapture. It is a religious belief and is not something that can be studied or proven using the scientific method. Therefore, it is not a topic that is supported by scientific research or evidence.

4. Are there any scientific theories that could explain the concept of the Rapture?

No, there are no scientific theories that could explain the concept of the Rapture. The idea of the Rapture is a religious belief and is not something that can be explained or studied using scientific theories. It is not a topic that is within the realm of science.

5. How do scientists view the concept of the Rapture?

Scientists do not view the concept of the Rapture as a scientific topic. It is a religious belief and is not something that is studied or researched by scientists. Therefore, it is not a topic that is viewed or discussed within the scientific community.